Quote by Mamakin1973
Lineup announcement should be here pretty soon. Rumor has it the chili peppers might play!! Who's all goin this year?

Not according to John's latest interview.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Whats a Bonnaroo and will you take me there?
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
Quote by Silent_Jester13
Whats a Bonnaroo and will you take me there?

It's an annual festival in Tennessee, I believe?

Me and some buddies were gonna go last year, but the lineup wasn't as ace as we thought. Ah well; maybe this year, if the acts are any good...
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Gunpowder
It's an annual festival in Tennessee, I believe?

Me and some buddies were gonna go last year, but the lineup wasn't as ace as we thought. Ah well; maybe this year, if the acts are any good...

Nah man it's totally a kangaroo with a hard on.
Oh man, I live like a hop skip and a jump away from there and damn can you smell the body funk.

But you can get the best, and I mean best, shrooms there
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
Quote by Metal-X
Oh man, I live like a hop skip and a jump away from there and damn can you smell the body funk.

i've never been to a festival of that size.. i've always wondered why narks/cops don't set some **** up and arrest people.

don't get me wrong! it's great that they don't!
but such easy targets...
Quote by Metal-X

I've heard similar things from friends who have gone before. I wish I could go, but FL is to far for me to drive on a weekend and i am to broke to afford a plane ticket
The Real Deal Holyfield
Quote by DjDreslay
I've heard similar things from friends who have gone before. I wish I could go, but FL is to far for me to drive on a weekend and i am to broke to afford a plane ticket

FL?

I'm pretty sure that is nowhere near Manchester, TN
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Quote by Metal-X
FL?

I'm pretty sure that is nowhere near Manchester, TN

lol my bad I kinda worded that wrong. I live in FL and it would be too long of a drive for me to head to TN for a weekend.
The Real Deal Holyfield
I went the past two years.
It was fun, but my music tastes have taken a turn in the opposite direction of the bands that play there, and I went with my family so it wasn't as fun as like going with friends, so I probably won't be going this year.
I definitely recommend going if you have the money though. It's well worth it.

Quote by DjDreslay
lol my bad I kinda worded that wrong. I live in FL and it would be too long of a drive for me to head to TN for a weekend.

I lived in key west two years ago and we drove from there. It's not THAT bad of a drive.
Last edited by Okeefe Is Legit at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Not according to John's latest interview.

Really!? Sux man I mean ive seen them once already but its just so fun anytime with the chili peppers and for anyone thats never been im telling you right now id probably go if there was no music lol... its the biggest party on the planet.
Quote by DjDreslay

Not really, you'd be surprised. You could make it there in a day... though you would have to take off work for about a week, because the best day to get there is Wednesday/Thursday and usually you want to wait till about Monday to go home.

But I imagine it shouldn't be much more than half a days drive.
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

i plan on going im pretty mad i missed last years
Quote by Sonicxlover
I once told a Metallica fan I liked Megadeth, and he stabbed me 42 times.

harryberg1's phone number :401-787-3317
Quote by Metal-X
Not really, you'd be surprised. You could make it there in a day... though you would have to take off work for about a week, because the best day to get there is Wednesday/Thursday and usually you want to wait till about Monday to go home.

But I imagine it shouldn't be much more than half a days drive.

Last year I drove from texas and it took 13 hours but it was well worth it.
haha im so saving up to go! maybe when I accumulate enough PTO I can go. As for now I already promised my friends I'd go to ULTRA with them for spring break so its gonna have to wait>.<
The Real Deal Holyfield
well bonnaroo isn't untill june.... funny bonnaroo story... a short one but a good one. Last year during metallica I literally saw a couple people on the ground f*cking right in front of me. It was almost hard to concentrate on the music. lol
Quote by Mamakin1973
well bonnaroo isn't untill june.... funny bonnaroo story... a short one but a good one. Last year during metallica I literally saw a couple people on the ground f*cking right in front of me. It was almost hard to concentrate on the music. lol

damn you guys for making it sound so awesome! I'm going to have to find a way to go this year or I know I'll regret it for a while. and on another note they must've been pretty gone or just hardcore thrash fans to do it to metallica lol
The Real Deal Holyfield
Quote by DjDreslay
damn you guys for making it sound so awesome! I'm going to have to find a way to go this year or I know I'll regret it for a while. and on another note they must've been pretty gone or just hardcore thrash fans to do it to metallica lol

Man, I will tell you right now Bonnaroo is nothing to pass up. It is definitely the experience of a lifetime
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Quote by montyburns
i've never been to a festival of that size.. i've always wondered why narks/cops don't set some **** up and arrest people.

don't get me wrong! it's great that they don't!
but such easy targets...

the festival is held on private property, they can ban on duty officers from the premises so they can't show up to bust people without a warrant

I don't know if I'm going or not, I'll have to wait and see what the lineup is.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
haha I guess so. Yeah and the thing is the music DOES NOT STOP put it this way kanye west didnt hit the stage last year untill like 3 in the morning.... and even that was a blast. You know watching the people throwing things and breaking his stage props haha. Theres also a huge neon mushroom fountain that glows in the dark. lol Just do some research on it.
smart thinking on their part, I was wondering why cops don't just go in there and bust everyone.

EDIT: Fail quote
The Real Deal Holyfield
Last edited by DjDreslay at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
the festival is held on private property, they can ban on duty officers from the premises so they can't show up to bust people without a warrant

I don't know if I'm going or not, I'll have to wait and see what the lineup is.

Yeah but I will tell you one things those mother ****ers stake out the highways on the way in pretty bad.
Quote by Mamakin1973
Yeah but I will tell you one things those mother ****ers stake out the highways on the way in pretty bad.

yep, and they try to pull over every RV that they see too...

Last.fm
haha I wouldn't be surprised if they had dogs too
The Real Deal Holyfield
they have some, but the local cops in that area don't really have a big budget.

Last.fm
ah cool. Also what types of music do they play there? I'm guessing its multiple genres since someone mentioned kanye west earlier in the thread. I wanna see people dancing to electronica on shrooms haha
The Real Deal Holyfield
Quote by DjDreslay
ah cool. Also what types of music do they play there? I'm guessing its multiple genres since someone mentioned kanye west earlier in the thread. I wanna see people dancing to electronica on shrooms haha

It used to be mostly classic rock/hippie type stuff, and theres still alot of that, but they do also have a lot of mainstream bands now as well, I don't think I;ve seen an electronica act any of the years I;ve went though.

Last.fm
ah well good enough, I was imagining more of a mellow and chill place anyway. well ima make an effort to go who knows maybe I'll see you there in june!
The Real Deal Holyfield
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
It used to be mostly classic rock/hippie type stuff, and theres still alot of that, but they do also have a lot of mainstream bands now as well, I don't think I;ve seen an electronica act any of the years I;ve went though.

They have raves that start at like 11 that go all night.
I think they've been doing it for a few years now.

and there is also the oh so spectacular silent disco/
Quote by Okeefe Is Legit
They have raves that start at like 11 that go all night.
I think they've been doing it for a few years now.

and there is also the oh so spectacular silent disco/

I went (most recently) two years ago, and yeah they did have a Rave thing going on out in the camping area, but that wasn't an official part of the festival.

Last.fm
when i read the title i immediately thought of a orgy
Quote by steven seagull
Everytime you feel your attention waning go the mirror and say outloud to yourself...
"I am Rockasaurus Sex...I have the most awesome username in existence and I will ROCK!"
THE LINEUP IS OUT!
The Boss
Phish
Beastie Boys
Al Green
Mars Volta
Andrew Byrd
Snoop Dogg
I am STOKED
Quote by Ez0ph
Tissues are lame cuz then you gotta spend an hour gettin the little paper off of your dick
i just shoot it into my neighbors yard
not my problem anymore
Well I wasn't allowed to go last year, or the year before... And I live like 30 minutes away from Manchester, but this year I'm driving myself, and I'm so stoked it's not even funny.
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.
I gotta go again this year.
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.