Page 1 of 2
I began listening to techno long before I started going to raves, and some people simply stopped talking to me because of the music I was listening to. I was acting just the same, with the same enthusiasm I used to carry (and, in large part, still do) for other genre's.

Still, because of my specific new tastes, I was outcast by many (often in our first time meeting). My more extreme friends dubbed me a "raver faggot" and simply ditched me.

So, where do you stand on the genre?
Quote by count schizo
I think we should take a second out to flame him anyways. I mean we're already here.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Only a misguided youth seeking something to take up the space below their post would sig me

^ Yep, that sounds about right.
I like it for the ability to build suspense and being able to going nuts while moving like a retard /dancing/
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
Your friends ditched you because you started listening to different music?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say they weren't really good friends to begin with.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
I love techno. I study jazz at University and have found techno music some of the hardest music to make. listen to Venetian snares. that will show everyone. and also, the whole Music made on computers isnt music. people who say that are narrow minded, and most likley like the new GnR album.
you are hearing me talk

CHECK OUT MY TUNES ON MY PROFILE

Gear:

laney VC30
tele/jaguar hybrid
Big muff
Small clone chorus
memory boy
Hadrwire RV-7 reverb
DD3 delay
Dunlop Crybaby wah
TS9 overdrive clone
home made tremolo
And there is nothing wrong with being a "raverfaggot", Some people just dont like to dance
you are hearing me talk

Gear:

laney VC30
tele/jaguar hybrid
Big muff
Small clone chorus
memory boy
Hadrwire RV-7 reverb
DD3 delay
Dunlop Crybaby wah
TS9 overdrive clone
home made tremolo
Josh Shiells. just. god dammit. people like you make me embarrassed to say i'm a guitarist.
you are hearing me talk

Gear:

laney VC30
tele/jaguar hybrid
Big muff
Small clone chorus
memory boy
Hadrwire RV-7 reverb
DD3 delay
Dunlop Crybaby wah
TS9 overdrive clone
home made tremolo
Quote by Josh Shiells
Music created on computers =/= real music.

paradox much!
GTFO tool.
If it's original/innovative and is good for dancing I'm all for it. Not the generic crap that has scantily clad women for music videos, the obscure **** they play in some clubs is really cool.
'08 Gretsch White Falcon
'98 Fender USA Deluxe Tele
'79 Greco Les Paul Standard
Airline Stratotone Crafter GAE8

A bunch of funky pedals

Handwired 50 Watt Plexi Lead Clone w/ Orange 4x12
Heh, you guys rock. Well, for all the tech enthusiasts here, who are some of your favorite artists/DJs?
Quote by count schizo
I think we should take a second out to flame him anyways. I mean we're already here.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Only a misguided youth seeking something to take up the space below their post would sig me

Techno is fun to listen to and it is definitely fun to be on a ton of drugs at a rave, but it takes nowhere near the amount of skill to make a techno song that it does to make a jazz song. You can even argue that it has the same amount of human emotion and feeling in each song that an artist makes, but the amount of technical skill required to create a trance or drum & bass song is nothing compared to that of a jazz great.

I kick it with DJ's daily, I go to raves frequently, but Tiesto or Armin Van Buuren don't have sh*t on Coltrane or Cobham.

/Discussion
Quote by capt_dammit
kaervek...you rock

Quote by guitardude34875
the genre of metal is like an apple, I prefer just the apple, not the applecore
Last edited by Kaervek at Jan 7, 2009,
^^ depends on how in depth you want your techno to be. you can spend hours and hours just making 6 sedonds of music. but in the end, its not about whats harder or better. its about what you like, and if you dont like it, keep that to yourself because people do like it.
you are hearing me talk

Gear:

laney VC30
tele/jaguar hybrid
Big muff
Small clone chorus
memory boy
Hadrwire RV-7 reverb
DD3 delay
Dunlop Crybaby wah
TS9 overdrive clone
home made tremolo
Techno is awesome, I'm starting to like it more and more.

And **** those who change their opinion of you based on your musical taste.
Quote by krypto1339
Heh, you guys rock. Well, for all the tech enthusiasts here, who are some of your favorite artists/DJs?

Aphex Twin, DJ Shadow, Scooter, Nick Skitz. Plus other guys just not as much.

has no signature.
And Tiesto sucks :P
you are hearing me talk

Gear:

laney VC30
tele/jaguar hybrid
Big muff
Small clone chorus
memory boy
Hadrwire RV-7 reverb
DD3 delay
Dunlop Crybaby wah
TS9 overdrive clone
home made tremolo
Quote by Josh Shiells
Music created on computers =/= real music.

Stupid post. Seriously, REALLY stupid. Listen to some Crystal Method.

Techno is awesome. People are ignorant.
"The future's uncertain, and The End is always near."
-Jim Morrison
Billy Cobham is also the man. Spectrum rocks.
you are hearing me talk

Gear:

laney VC30
tele/jaguar hybrid
Big muff
Small clone chorus
memory boy
Hadrwire RV-7 reverb
DD3 delay
Dunlop Crybaby wah
TS9 overdrive clone
home made tremolo
Quote by 11223344554433

My friend just recently showed me them, they're absolutely awesome. +1 good sir.
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
^^ nice post. even tho i am guilty of that in this thread, it IS Electronic music. /appologize.
you are hearing me talk

Gear:

laney VC30
tele/jaguar hybrid
Big muff
Small clone chorus
memory boy
Hadrwire RV-7 reverb
DD3 delay
Dunlop Crybaby wah
TS9 overdrive clone
home made tremolo
Quote by 11223344554433

aphex twin ftw
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

My bad, I thought this was a thread about technicality between techno and the other music genres.

But don't think I'm not into techno, I went to Together As One for new years... and the LoveFest Afterparty... AND ETD.Pop.

Armin Van Buuren & ATB kick ass...
Quote by capt_dammit
kaervek...you rock

Quote by guitardude34875
the genre of metal is like an apple, I prefer just the apple, not the applecore
Nah, don't worry about it. All that specific genre stuff is a matter of opinion and not a lot is really clear cut. It's just a general guide.
Quote by krypto1339

Pendulum.

I know its not techno, but they use a lot of electronic stuff.

I sometimes listen to "chip-music", after i saw that Timbaland steals a lot from the commodore/atari/etc scene. I heard about them after heard 50 Cent's Ayo Technology and i thought that the background keyboard thing sounds so wicked that i have to look up how its done. The only info i have found that he stole that from some "chip-music."
Later i kinda recreated it in guitar pro. Was a bitch to made.
******A Console Cowboy****** 1
Last edited by Daneeka at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by Josh Shiells
Nope.

Correct.

/musicfail

I don't really listen to it, so I don't really ahve an opinion on it. I'm sure I'd like it.
Quote by NutZz?
My friend just recently showed me them, they're absolutely awesome. +1 good sir.

It's actually just one guy. Buy Endtroducing... it's awesome stuff. Also to the guy who said Aphex Twin is awesome, I agree totally. He is a true genius that guy.

has no signature.
josh sheills got shat on
'08 Gretsch White Falcon

A bunch of funky pedals

Quote by gtarguy358
Just to be a snob: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJnL5tGqJWs

Electronic Music doesn't necessarily = techno

This is a good video and helps you pinpoint exactly what you like so you know what to look for.

That vid = Win.

Would you like a banana sticker?
Quote by count schizo

Quote by 7DaySkeptic

Quote by Daneeka
Pendulum.

I know its not techno, but they use a lot of electronic stuff.

I sometimes listen to "chip-music", after i saw that Timbaland steals a lot from the commodore/atari/etc scene. I heard about them after heard 50 Cent's Ayo Technology and i thought that the background keyboard thing sounds so wicked that i have to look up how its done. The only info i have found that he stole that from some "chip-music."
Later i kinda recreated it in guitar pro. Was a bitch to made.

Pendulum will aways be one of my absolute favs. Their last album was very meh, but I saw them at Together As One the other night, and they killed. I was at their stage for the New Years Eve countdown, and I was quite happy with them. Boosted my roll right the **** up.
Quote by count schizo

Quote by 7DaySkeptic

The difficulty in making elctronic music is not rhythmic or harmonic (though those are hard aswell), but getting the right sound. I also thought making an electronica song would be easy, that is until I got to actually doing it and found out that making good tones can be a ****load more difficult than one might think.

But that's just the basics. You can make a harmonically simple club track or an 8-part grand rave fugue, that depends on the composer.

But I love rave and trance music. I listen to it while on my way back home at night, and when the streets are clear and I'm look at the sky, I imagine there's a big outdoor rave going on in the distance and all the multi colored strobes are dotting the sky. 'Tis beautiful.

Oh and this is as good as a place to ask as any, I really like Astral Projection, so cann anyone give me any recs similar to them?
Quote by chimneyfish
"death-metal is the best when its in the shape of a dildo and shoved in my ass"

Born to lose...
!!!!!!!!!!!!!
...live to Win
Hardcore Speed Fusion Techno is good.... i like the stuff with little or no words.... but having said that, once a punk rocker, always a punk rocker. I'm never gonna be a raver.

and yes, Tiesto sucks monkey testicles
Member Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.

I Play the Bagpipes.

they actually are a pleasant instrument.
I love electronic/techno music, the complexity and layered rhythms are something you truly cannot find anywhere else, and while this thread is here, does anyone know of a good program to use to create electronic music?
Supreme Commander Of The Lolcats Of the UG Army

And that guy, who had that idea, one time

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SIMIAN σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=BxEb2FrQUbE

Fucking awesome.

*Numbers*Edit:
Quote by Boogie Man
does anyone know of a good program to use to create electronic music?

Reason for sure. Though it is pricey, it is definatley worth it.

has no signature.
Last edited by 11223344554433 at Jan 7, 2009,
Eh, a lot of techno is repetitive and unbearable. But I do like Infected Mushroom and some Daft Punk.
█████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████ █████

You're just another brick in the wall
Page 1 of 2