One of the only things i have a genuine passion for is music.

Don't get me wrong, i like films and things like that but i seem to be interested in music more than anything, if something else ties in with the music i listen to then i guess its incorperated (Serj Tankians political views, i haven't been fully educated on it but from what i can see its a good cause that hes fighting for), but i mean, things like politics don't really affect me much, my brother is very interested in the situation in gaza and the ever raging war between Istreal and Palestine, but i don't really think about things like that, mainly because half the time you will be getting half truths, lies and lies of ommision. So it seems music is the only real issue that i a truly passionate about, and i don't know wether this is a good thing or a bad thing.

If i'm talking out my asshole here, please, tell me.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Last edited by donender at Jan 7, 2009,
i think everyone feels like that sometimes, then you have to realise that you're going to have to get over it and be interested in other stuff as well. But yea, I know what you mean, I almost got kicked out of college because I wasn't doing any work and was just listening to music all day and playing music etc. Then I kind of had to 'break-up' with music and get on with my studies.

Hi I'm
Mr. JimBo R. Insane
Music is awesome but the world has affects of it so you are going to have to look at Music in the context of the world i think
I don't got much either, you shouldn't worry. Only thing I truly wish to spend time on is music, friends, fixing computers, playing games, getting wasted, and starting community college. Your symptoms seem pretty typical.
hide your kids, hide your wife.

Quote by angus_young_32
I'd rather kill myself than commit suicide.

UG Hatecrew FTW
I'd say its a good thing

for me, i get kinda pissed when musicians talk about politics (especially in songs). For me its just like "shut the **** up*insert artists name here* and just play music you jackoff"

then again, it never hurts to be knowledgeable about politics.

so yeah, i think you're alright where u are.
Yeah, I'm exactly the same. I have my own causes and political beliefs, but frankly i don't really care most of the time unless it affects me.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Oh don't get me wrong, i don't think there is anything wrong with me, in fact i'm happy with this, theres alot of issues about music that i have opinions on, some which i haven't shared with anyone, but if i did they would probably think i'm crazy, for example, alot of the guys i run with listen to alot of emo music, now i'm not ashamed to say i like fall out boy and a few other bands like that, but i think rock has lost its balls lately, as i said, i like some of these bands, but its annoying how the riff and guitar solo seems to be dying.
WHOMP

Yes, I'm also kind of obsessed with music. But, it's more of a motivator for me. Before, I never really enjoyed working out at the gym. Once I got my iPod and put a bunch of music on it, it was way more enjoyable because I got to listen to the music I loved. When, I listen to music too, I think, "I want to be as good as him one day." So music motivates me to get the hell out of The Pit and actually do something.
music is an international language. everyone gets music. it flows through u and gives u messages and all that type of s**t... but i'm in the same boat dude. i'd watch the news if they sung it in metal and made it interesting.....
or if they had a hot, naked newsreader lady, giving us erotic news...
Quote by symba05
Don't use nylon, it will get on fire.

Quote by symba05
If King Diamond's Thrash Britney Spears is NS black metal from Oslo.

Gear:
Ibanez RGR420EX RAR
Samick Interceptor II with D Activators in both positions

AXL 70R
Peavey rage 15W

Zoom g1
did you know that,you can only truely feel passion for something associated or attatched to your childhood? i used to love music but only for a year though because,i listened to it too much,and if you look at some famous musicians early childhood,you will see that they all have some sob-story and they used music as a relief for something going on in there life,i just think its a shame that "music can only be better for you if it is worse for you"tell me if im wrong i dare you.
Welcome to the club, Donender. The gact is that music can't lie to you, it can only make you imagine things that are not really there. Enjoy it but remember, there is a whole world out there and sometimes music is the best way to express your view.
Quote by dysons sux0rz
did you know that,you can only truely feel passion for something associated or attatched to your childhood? i used to love music but only for a year though because,i listened to it too much,and if you look at some famous musicians early childhood,you will see that they all have some sob-story and they used music as a relief for something going on in there life,i just think its a shame that "music can only be better for you if it is worse for you"tell me if im wrong i dare you.

You're wrong. That idea is stupid.
Quote by Pernell

for me, i get kinda pissed when musicians talk about politics (especially in songs). For me its just like "shut the **** up*insert artists name here* and just play music you jackoff"

What? So musicians aren't allowed to have opinions and articulate them through the medium they understand best?
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by dysons sux0rz
some parts make alot of sense admit it....

No. It was terribly thought out and put together and was probably based on a single person rather than any reliable source.
I agree with you to an extent but I think we're in the minority - the course director for my degree at uni (I'm doing music tech) said that if he reads someone's personal statement in their application and the first line is "Music is my passion" it goes straight in the bin.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.
Quote by dysons sux0rz

You're wrong. That idea is retarded. Take for example, Slash. He loved music as a kid, and still does. Slight flaw there, huh?

And TS, I agree with you. I am obsessed with music. The only other thing I am actively interested in is politics; other than that it's music. I'd much rather put on a CD or play guitar than watch a film. I think music speaks to you on a more meaningful level than other mediums. At least, it does for me.
Quote by GerGuam
No. It was terribly thought out and put together and was probably based on a single person rather than any reliable source.

so your saying im right yes....?
Quote by dysons sux0rz
so your saying im right yes....?

I could have sworn you had to be older than 13 to join UG.
Quote by GerGuam
I could have sworn you had to be older than 13 to join UG.

ok maybe i was wrong i just read it again... so sorry,i just sometimes go on and off with these kind of thoughts i find myself thinking while trying to listen to music and not listening sorry ill go.
Quote by Tombe
I agree with you to an extent but I think we're in the minority - the course director for my degree at uni (I'm doing music tech) said that if he reads someone's personal statement in their application and the first line is "Music is my passion" it goes straight in the bin.

What uni do you go to?
WHOMP

Even though I don't agree with his politics, I love Dave Mustaine's lyrics. Politics and nuclear war have an importance and intensity that goes well with metal. Better than whining about being dumped anyway.
Ever wonder what rock would have sounded like in 2010 if grunge hadn't made it cool to be stupid?

The Three Aces
On UG profiles - On Myspace

Please mark yourself as a fan if you like!
Music is great, but intrest yourself in other things to, its important to know about alot of different things. Not saying put them ahead of music, if thats what you love then dont, but dont just sit in the dark with music, you'll find learning alot of different things will relate back to music as well.
Quote by neopowell
What? So musicians aren't allowed to have opinions and articulate them through the medium they understand best?

Basically, yeah. I absolutely can't stand it. Think of it like this: i listen to you because of the music you play. period. i don't care at all about your personal life or political views. If not for the music you play, i wouldn't give two ****s if you lived or died.
Quote by Pernell
Basically, yeah. I absolutely can't stand it. Think of it like this: i listen to you because of the music you play. period. i don't care at all about your personal life or political views. If not for the music you play, i wouldn't give two ****s if you lived or died.

i admire your view point.
I think people get too self absorbed in music. I mean, people go on like they have some 'special connection' with music, but they forget that we're just sacks of blood and bone, not some magical spirit. Humans weren't made to make music.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Be proud! Music is my passion, and I too, am not really 'passionate' about much else. For example, I love Video Games, but I wouldn't want a career involving them, and I wouldn't go out of my way to get them/stay up all night playing them.

The opposite is for music with me. I can stay up all night playing guitar and learning new stuff because it really interests me, but I couldn't with anything else, as I would get bored pretty quickly.
Quote by Pernell

So? If someone has views about something, it's their right to express those views. Music is all about self-expression, and that includes expressing whatever opinion you have. I support anyone who uses their skills to stand up for what they believe in.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by donender
What uni do you go to?

Birmingham City.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

FUZZY FLATPICKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Enjoy occasionally controversial ramblings related to guitars? I have a blog which meets these criteria.