i made this deal with the guy i buy gear from,and im finally swapping my digitech RP200A for a crate amp and pay more money,he's still gonna order the amp tho cuz he hasnt got any in the store right now

the sum of what the RP will be worth+the money im paying will be equvalent to about 300$ or a bit less :S i know its not much but im not really a loaded guy and my parents arent really helping me in this,im saving on my own,i could save a little bit more but im kinda fed up

so could this get me a good Crate amp? and any suggestions to what amp model i should pick?? im looking for something that can get really heavy...something thrash sounding yet can deliver a marty friedman like etheral sound

so...any suggestions??

EDIT: i forgot to say im not going for anything too big,just 40-60 watts or something...and i need it to be with 2 or more footswitchable channels
Last edited by Alijonroth at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by a7xrocks02
Crate makes a lot of amps. Flexwave? Then No.

i know,thats why im asking for model suggestions....what to ask for and what to say "NO,dont get me that!" for
not sure he can get either for me :-( he prolly never heared of these...but i think he has some deal with the crate guys
besides,i wanna go for an amp that has a heavy sound on its own,without accompanying stompboxes
this is crazy....so you are going to give him your RP and some cash (I'm assuming over $200) for a total value of $300 but you are not sure what he has access too? What happened, he said he could get you a Crate for $300 just go pick one out?

The thing is that there was a fire sale on these Crates not to long ago and the prices looked something like this.

V18 - $149
V33 - $199
V50 - $249

or something like that and the market was flooded with them and now mostly they are gone I think. I see them on Craigslist selling for more then those prices I just listed. What I'm saying is you may want to just find one of those model listed on your own. Maybe your friend has a connection with a distributor and can actually get one of these models for you. My guess is that there are a handful of people/shops that bought some of these up to now sell for profit. FYI - Crate and Blackheart are owned by the same company the the V series is discontinued. Can't help with the 'dark' part. Am I to assume you play metal? If so, these may not be the amps for you anyway. V50 maybe with some pedals.

the v series is pretty good.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
this is crazy....so you are going to give him your RP and some cash (I'm assuming over $200) for a total value of $300 but you are not sure what he has access too? What happened, he said he could get you a Crate for $300 just go pick one out?

The thing is that there was a fire sale on these Crates not to long ago and the prices looked something like this.

V18 - $149
V33 - $199
V50 - $249

or something like that and the market was flooded with them and now mostly they are gone I think. I see them on Craigslist selling for more then those prices I just listed. What I'm saying is you may want to just find one of those model listed on your own. Maybe your friend has a connection with a distributor and can actually get one of these models for you. My guess is that there are a handful of people/shops that bought some of these up to now sell for profit. FYI - Crate and Blackheart are owned by the same company the the V series is discontinued. Can't help with the 'dark' part. Am I to assume you play metal? If so, these may not be the amps for you anyway. V50 maybe with some pedals.

well as far as i know he has a link with the Crate company and it would be the easiest brand to order from...i live in egypt and we dont have access to everything here

the way things are is that he told me hes gonna get in touch with them and tell me what models he can get that are in my price range,so i thought id ask here to see which ones would be suitable for me and the sound i want and to also make sure he's not ripping me off

and yes i do play metal,mostly!
ok...well like i said the V series the only series I'm familiar with so if I had to choose one for metal I would take the V50 for american voicing and the headroom (extra watts).

don't get a Flexwave, you might as well keep your RP. Most Crate SS amps are not that good.
okay let me try to put the question in a different format...

im looking for a good crate amp...nothing too big,valve,multiple channels (footswitchable) and a sound suitable for heavy music
my budget is 300 dollars
what model choices do i have?? and what other brands could i go for??
the only GOOD Crate amps are the vseries, palominos, and the blackheart.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Im not sure if crate makes a good amp that has footswitchable channels, maybe the v30? Im not sure.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
I think they're discontinued, but the VTX212B has three channels (clean, rhythm, solo) with a footswitch. I don't know why they discontinued them...I think they're one of the best amps Crate put out.
    Crate's Flexwave series is not that bad.

You could do better with a tube amp, but in my experiences, I would take quite a few cheap Crate SS amps over an MG/Spider/Frontman/Cube/Bandit any day...they seem to be very reliable.

But yeah, go for a V-series Crate.
    Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
    Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
    _ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
    The old V-Series 50-watt amps, the VFX5112 and VFX5212, have two channels that are footswitchable. I don't think they could get to metal distortion without an overdrive of some sort, but they do have a pretty dark tone naturally. The two channels have their own EQ, so if you wanted a bright clean tone and a scooped distortion tone, that's easy to do without using any pedals.
    Last edited by mikewaz at Jan 10, 2009,
    i only have one Crate amp, which is a solid state...
    however, it does sound very organic and takes pedals very well...
    it's the VTX65B...
    has a nice knobs and the cab is really nice too...

i got it for £150 three years ago (bargained for it)