I was wondering, what's the difference in sound between flat pick-ups, and the one's that have the metal parts under the strings?
None, the 'flat' ones just have a cover on them, it's purely aesthetic. The only sound difference would be if they were different pickups
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
None, the 'flat' ones just have a cover on them, it's purely aesthetic. The only sound difference would be if they were different pickups

Oooooh. Okay, thanks. I don't see why they would do that, I like the ones with the metal showing better..
Quote by herby190
Oooooh. Okay, thanks. I don't see why they would do that, I like the ones with the metal showing better..

It's all down to taste I suppose, Gibson put covered pickups on all their guitars usually to match the hardware or something. Personally I prefer uncovered ones too
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
It's all down to taste I suppose, Gibson put covered pickups on all their guitars usually to match the hardware or something. Personally I prefer uncovered ones too

The covered ones suit the Gibson guitars, though, IMO.
I <3 bangoodcharlotte

Quote by humperdunk
one time i let my cat has cheezburger. i thought it was pretty funny.
Yeah, I can't really imagine a Gibson without them, but I'm just not a fan overall
ohai little sig.
It doesn't matter to me, each guitar has it's own look. My Ibanez has covered ones which suits it (pure black pickups with black pickguard - guitar is white), my Les Paul has uncovered ones.