I know it seems morer towards the hardcore forum, but should Mathcore bands be included in this forum?

Some bands sound extremly close to Prog/shred and have probably influanced future people (like me)

Bands that are a good example:

Between The Buried and Me
The Human Abstract
The Dillinger Escape Plan
The Number 12 Looks Like You

Just to name a few

What's your input?
Mostly asking this because im willing to post some theards related to mathcore/progressive Metalcore, but dont ant to get flamed
what is mathcore?
Deacon of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join
speed demon of the UG Jeepers
Member of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM Hamish5178 to join~
Quote by riffmasterjosh
what is mathcore?

Metalcore bands who play highly techniqual music with extremely odd and shifting time sigs.

Between the buired and me, The Human Abstract, and Protest the hero are some of the better examples.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all
As long as the Hardcore section is happy with them, they can keep em.

This forum leans more towards old school prog and prog metal, whereas you could see PTH and such as being Hardcore leaning towards prog.

Unless the Hardcore forum thinks different, I'm happy with the way things are. Tbh, all I can really see is all the shred regs getting annoyed when the PTH-only-thread nooblets start claiming so-and-so is the best guitarist evar...

It's bad enough hearing about Slash every day.
lol Slash...
anyway, i was only wondering because his section seemed kind of bare compared o others, i have no problem with old-school metal(except hair) and prog, in fact, probably my favorite styles.

It seems like mathcore bands dont get as much recognition as others (except maybe PTH lol)

This is coming from a true old-school/prog fan.
It seems kinda sketchy from what i've heard.
Should I take this up with anyone in particular?

Thanks in advance =P
Quote by Spwee1494
lol Slash...
anyway, i was only wondering because his section seemed kind of bare compared o others, i have no problem with old-school metal(except hair) and prog, in fact, probably my favorite styles.

It seems like mathcore bands dont get as much recognition as others (except maybe PTH lol)

This is coming from a true old-school/prog fan.
It seems kinda sketchy from what i've heard.
Should I take this up with anyone in particular?

Thanks in advance =P

We like it that way

Seriously though, FP is one of the mods so if he wants to keep it in Hardcore (a decision I agree with) then that's where it'll stay.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
We like it that way

Seriously though, FP is one of the mods so if he wants to keep it in Hardcore (a decision I agree with) then that's where it'll stay.

sorry, super n00b
(waits for flames)

anyway its alright if i cant, id just rather know before i post and get labeled NOOB
Quote by Spwee1494
sorry, super n00b
(waits for flames)

anyway its alright if i cant, id just rather know before i post and get labeled NOOB

It's all right, this isn't the metal forum; we're nice to n00bs in here
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
lol

i forgot, most prog bands have a rather intelligent fanbase lol
unlike some metalheads...
*ends sterotypicalness

But thanks for hearing me out =]
Quote by Freepower
As long as the Hardcore section is happy with them, they can keep em.

This forum leans more towards old school prog and prog metal, whereas you could see PTH and such as being Hardcore leaning towards prog.

Unless the Hardcore forum thinks different, I'm happy with the way things are. Tbh, all I can really see is all the shred regs getting annoyed when the PTH-only-thread nooblets start claiming so-and-so is the best guitarist evar...

It's bad enough hearing about Slash every day.

you stated unless the hardcore forum thinks differently, how would you find that out?

also, if you did end up adding Mathcore/Progressive "Metalcore" to this forum and were still worried about Nooblet PTH threads, make strict rules? Or just one sticky with all mathcore?

Idk, just trying to spread musically diversity even more =]
you stated unless the hardcore forum thinks differently, how would you find that out?

Er... I presume everyone's happy with them there. If not they can tell their mods, and they can tell me.
also, if you did end up adding Mathcore/Progressive "Metalcore" to this forum and were still worried about Nooblet PTH threads, make strict rules? Or just one sticky with all mathcore?

Not worried at all, tbh. Things have been pretty quiet here recently. Anyhow, so long as I'm not a pit mod, I'm happy.
Quote by Freepower
Er... I presume everyone's happy with them there. If not they can tell their mods, and they can tell me.

Not worried at all, tbh. Things have been pretty quiet here recently. Anyhow, so long as I'm not a pit mod, I'm happy.

alright, thanks for your time.
look forward to whatever happens. change or no change

P.S. is quiet good?
lol