hi , I'm french and I'm looking for a tube amp to play some loud rock ( alice in chains , corrosion of conformity sound ) , I' ve got an epiphone les paul + emg , what kind of amp can I try , randall rg 50 tc or peavey valveking or anything else ?

thanks so much
I've heard great things about the Peavey Valveking, I think you should go with that.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I imagine the Valveking would do Alice in Chains stuff nicely but if you get a combo you may wish to change the speakers.
RULE BRITANNIA
B-52 AT-112

should do that perfectly. I have a VK and i love it but i had to buy a bunch of pedals and put in a new speaker before it got br00t4lz
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
Quote by cacambo
I may choose peavey valveking 112

It'll be well under your budget so you have plenty left to change speakers or buy a few effects pedals etc.

Here's the Valveking thread here, ask if you need advice, they're usually very helpful:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=969296

Quote by DaddyBarbs
B-52 AT-112

should do that perfectly. I have a VK and i love it but i had to buy a bunch of pedals and put in a new speaker before it got br00t4lz

He doesn't want Brutal though, he wants it for rock. The problem I had with my Valveking is that it didn't have enough gain.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quote by cacambo
I may choose peavey valveking 112

I had the VK 112. It was along the line of what you're looking for but I'd personally try to go for a 2x12 combo if you can instead of the 1x12.
I already have a digitech rp350 and don't want more effect , now I play with a crate 80w and I want to try a tube amp
Look at the Traynor YCS50. 50 Watt tube amp that swtiches to 15W and has loads of tone options. Look in my sig for some short youtube videos of mine. Keep in mind I'm using my laptop's built in mic for the recordings.
I think the YCS is a bit out of budget for the TS. The Randall is more modern voiced whereas the VK is more classic rock, IMO.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^I'm not saying it can't do metal - sorry if it came out that way. It's just not "modern" metal without some help that's all. The Randall is voiced that way like my H&K is. The VK can certainly get there with a little pedal help to tighten it up. I wrote "classic rock", should have written "old school metal". I like the VK and don't get why it is so often flamed here. It's probably the best low dollar tube amp that's versatile. More so than the crate V series IMO.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I know your feelings already so there was no sarcasim there, I really wanted you to go listen to some of those clips. They are not the greatest in the world but they are the most up to date that I am aware of. Necro and synystas. Synystagates has a stock speaker and OD. Necrophagist777 has a new Man O War speaker and an OD and has a jazz clip in there as well.

I don't like coming across as overly defensive of the VK just because I have one, I just don't want other people to automatically dismiss the amp because someone else spent 5 minutes with it and thought it sucked.

The clean channel is based off the Fender stack and the lead channel is based off the Marshall stack and the whole thing is american dark voiced. Speaker sucks. Get a new speaker and an OD pedal and you're in business for a whole range of tones.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jan 7, 2009,
not many people will know about corrosion of conformity but they are hotrodded jcm800s and some mesa mark IVs i think. Great band! Also if you are in the UK and interested I am selling a dsl401, give us a PM if you are interested. If not then dont worry
Music is the holy grail, sod wine water and the blood of jesus