Hey guys. So I got myself a Peavey Vypyr yesterday after returning my Fender Champion because it was sorta faulty. I played it at the shop, but it took me like 5 minutes just to be able to get a sound out of it. I played it quick since the store was closing in ten minutes, and I really loved the tones I got, so home comes the Vypyr.

So now I'm wondering, was anyone else confused when they first got their Vypyr, or am I just stupid? I really just want to know how to get a good distorted and clean sound, without all the crazy effects messing with the tone. I'll use those later.

So any tips on how to get comfortable with my Vypyr?
Strats & Seagulls
Quote by xxBR34KD0WN
Hey guys. So I got myself a Peavey Vypyr yesterday after returning my Fender Champion because it was sorta faulty. I played it at the shop, but it took me like 5 minutes just to be able to get a sound out of it. I played it quick since the store was closing in ten minutes, and I really loved the tones I got, so home comes the Vypyr.

So now I'm wondering, was anyone else confused when they first got their Vypyr, or am I just stupid? I really just want to know how to get a good distorted and clean sound, without all the crazy effects messing with the tone. I'll use those later.

So any tips on how to get comfortable with my Vypyr?

no, dont feel stupid. it really is kinda confusing. however, ive found that if you sit down with the manual and read what it says on the amp itself, you'll find out how to work everything.

good luck!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
^agreed. Read the manual.

put the amp model's knob all the way to the right to the 'Tweed' setting I think it is or 'Twin' for cleans to start and I don't think you can turn the effects off but you can turn their level down to 1.

also there is a Ultimate Vypyr thread you can read thru. It is up in The gear thread sticky.

Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jan 7, 2009,
Alright, thanks guys. I'll be sure to read the manual and check out that thread. Thanks again.
Strats & Seagulls
Just start messing around with the amp models. Push the button in once for the "green/clean" channels. Add some tubescreamer or XR Wild and away you go...