Poll Options
View poll results: right or wrong?
right, stop smoking you idiot
250 54%
wrong, they have sand in their vaginas
210 46%
Voters: 460.
Page 1 of 9
i got fined 15 euros today for smoking at a train station, which was open air and was completely empty. is it just me, or is this being as bitchy as a 45 year old virgin during menopause? was it right to fine me for smoking in an open air station where there were no people?
Was it a no smoking area? Then it's justified
People are bastards. Bastardcoated bastards with bastardfilling.
Quote by Finnepinne
Was it a no smoking area? Then it's justified

but it was freaking open air, and there was no one there!
I hate it when people smoke near me, so I'm gonna vote yes

Rules are rules I guess, it didn't say anything about people being nearby.

Quote by Rory Kavanagh
Thats a bit much alright. Generally speaking I think they are good things but in an open air place thats a tad ridiculous.

Because in open air the smoke doesn't travel by air like in closed spaces...?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by CoreysMonster

So basically you violated the rules while doing something detrimental to your health, and someone else has a problem?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by Rory Kavanagh
Thats a bit much alright. Generally speaking I think they are good things but in an open air place thats a tad ridiculous.

this is what i think, i find smoking in restaurants/pubs repulsive, but forbidding to smoke in an open air place doesnt seem to serve a purpose.

Quote by slaptasticdave
So basically you violated the rules while doing something detrimental to your health, and someone else has a problem?

it was hurting noone, and yet i was fined. i just find it silly. it was the same fine that people get for smoking inside of trains, which i find unfair. smoking in an open place with no people is different than smoking in a train!
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by Silentlassassin
If it was a no smoking area, you are a retard for bitching.

this.....

even if theres no on there rules are rules

its the same here with the new cabot circus shoppin centre, the walkway which is open air which has the apple shop is non smokin and my mate got told to put his cig out, he didnt even know and was a lil confused too. lol
Last edited by 89cruefan at Jan 7, 2009,
Come to Australia I garentee the Anti-smoking laws are ten times worse here!

Eg. No smoking in Pubs/Clubs, No Smoking within 4 metres of a public building, No smoking in any Public building, no smoking in Public transport (including stations), no smoking in private transport in the preasents of a child under 12 (in Queensland anyway)
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
When people make ****ty faces and mumble about me smoking around them I tell them to fukk off. I have just as much right to pollute my lungs as they have to be whiney little bitches.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
What? If its a no smoking area, you do not smoke there. It seems pretty simple to me.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by nebiru
When people make ****ty faces and mumble about me smoking around them I tell them to fukk off. I have just as much right to pollute my lungs as they have to be whiney little bitches.

You are completely missing the point.
Quote by nebiru

What...?

Smoke is dangerous to people nearby, not just the cancerstuff but it gives people headaches, makes them smell, pollutes their lunges e.t.c.
THEY HAVE SANDY VAGINAS

TS i read your post and let out and audible oooooh

i wish ppl would just mind their own business y'know?

15 euros? thats like 35 bucks. **** man i'd be PISSED
I Dont smoke...But i think if it was open air and there was nobody else around it seems a little over the top to still fine you... :S
Quote by nebiru

Let me LOL really quickly at you...

Second Hand Smoke

So yes, they have a right to bitch you dumbass..

What the hell is going on to the Pit's IQ?
I'm a smoker (although I've cut down considerably) and I support smoking bans. Workers have a right to a workplace that is free from unnecessary risks. Wait for your cigarette or go elsewhere and smoke it.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by nebiru

you know...some of us would like to stay healthy and we have the right to breathe freely.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Bitch all you want. You don't like my smoke walk away. I don't like being around other people smoking either.... guess what I do? I WALK AWAY.
Luckily they can't fine for smoking unless it's clearly stated by a sign or such that the area is a no smoking zone. But where the fuck else are you going to smoke if you're swapping trains or waiting for one? That does sound pretty stupid.

Smoking indoors is luckily now banned at bars, I hated having my clothes smell like an ashtray before.
Well if it had a sign, then you're ****ed either way, so there's no point in deciding if it's fair or not. But if there's no sign where you were blazing up, I would fight it!

Oh and as far as general smoking bans and such, they're bull**** to begin with. Smokers can't find anyplace to relax anymore, it's all becoming very discriminate.
fookin wrong man, sometimes in a club/pub i just wanna fookin light one up, or in a gig hall
dumb ass ban.
I don't mind going outside for one but daam i missing smoking inside.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I'm a smoker (although I've cut down considerably) and I support smoking bans. Workers have a right to a workplace that is free from unnecessary risks. Wait for your cigarette or go elsewhere and smoke it.

I think the same, but seriously, an open air place with noone around? that's like saying i can't smoke on sidewalks because people can be near you. and even on sidewalks i blow smoke upwards to keep the smoke out of people's faces.

EDIT: and it was between switching trains, and i had no other chance to smoke in my 6 hour train ride.
Last edited by CoreysMonster at Jan 7, 2009,
rules is rules
just because a motorway is empty in the middle of a warm summers night doesn't mean you can exceed the speed limit (poor comparisson i know)
Quote by slayaplaya

(oh! maybe some one will sig that witty comment! maybe not...)
Quote by nebiru

Yeah, whenever I'm near cigarette smoke, for some reason I get a massive coughing fit.
DOES NOT WANT.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by gunners fan
Come to Australia I garentee the Anti-smoking laws are ten times worse here!

Eg. No smoking in Pubs/Clubs, No Smoking within 4 metres of a public building, No smoking in any Public building, no smoking in Public transport (including stations), no smoking in private transport in the preasents of a child under 12 (in Queensland anyway)

Guarantee they're not. We have the same.

Quote by Kensai
Because in open air the smoke doesn't travel by air like in closed spaces...?

Exactly It behaves differently and is less noticable, open air you could be standing 10 ft from someone and not know they're smoking, inside you'd smell it as soon as they lit up.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I think the same, but seriously, an open air place with noone around? that's like saying i can't smoke on sidewalks because people can be near you. and even on sidewalks i blow smoke upwards to keep the smoke out of people's faces.

That's what I do... and I try to walk where it is less populated. People while still complain though.. so it doesn't matter.
let the smokers smoke, and if you don't smoke bring a ****in facemask or whatever it is around with you, stop bitching
Quote by nebiru
Bitch all you want. You don't like my smoke walk away. I don't like being around other people smoking either.... guess what I do? I WALK AWAY.

And you have just hit a new low.

Either way. It all comes down to if there was a sign ANYWHERE near you. Yes smokers are hating the smoke bans and non smokers are loving them.

Deal with it?
Quote by Kensai
What...?

Smoke is dangerous to people nearby, not just the cancerstuff but it gives people headaches, makes them smell, pollutes their lunges e.t.c.

I was about to rant and rave about your overall pansiness and how you can take all your health propaganda and shove it up your ass...then i realised you are fu cking OLD. yeah, smoke (2nd hand or whatever) is probably bad for you.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Obviously there was somebody there.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by CoreysMonster

EDIT: and it was between switching trains, and i had no other chance to smoke in my 6 hour train ride.

That does seem a bit excessive, but I know that most smoking bans over here aren't that over enforced.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
I think most smokers don't actually mind the smoking ban, I don't
Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everybody I've ever known.

¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
Quote by maell
Exactly It behaves differently and is less noticable, open air you could be standing 10 ft from someone and not know they're smoking, inside you'd smell it as soon as they lit up.

Or, that's what the smokers think. It's still very noticeable and I was being sarcastic

Quote by Pernell
I was about to rant and rave about your overall pansiness and how you can take all your health propaganda and shove it up your ass...then i realised you are fu cking OLD. yeah, smoke (2nd hand or whatever) is probably bad for you.

Yeah, health propaganda...?

It's not probable, it is bad for you and people around me. If I had a nickle everytime I heard someone say they get headaches from cigarettesmoking... or saw a study stating the same.
Last edited by Kensai at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by Jackal58
Obviously there was somebody there.

he was sitting in his booth on the other side of the station, and got up and came to me to give me the fine.
Quote by Bendybaws
I think most smokers don't actually mind the smoking ban, I don't

Yeah, it doesn't really bother me.

I just hate when some bars don't allow smoking. If they serve food I understand... but if you just serve alcohol it sucks.