At the moment I have a Fender Blues Junior and a Fender Mexican made stratocaster so for my next gear upgrade should I buy a better guitar or amp? The better guitar being a HSS Deluxe Stratocaster and the better amp being a Vox AC30.
wow - tough choice

I guess I would upgrade the current strat if you like it already with new tuner, pups, nut, possibly bridge/saddles and then upgrade the BJ if you like it already with new speaker and some of the 'mods'

otherwise, deluxe strat ftw

Edit: AC30 is a great amp, so wasn't trying to say it wasn't a good choice.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jan 7, 2009,
if you want an gss strat, then I would suggest changing the bridge pickup on the guitar you have now...and getting a vox ac30.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
wow - tough choice

I guess I would upgrade the current strat if you like it already with new tuner, pups, nut, possibly bridge/saddles and then upgrade the BJ if you like it already with new speaker and some of the 'mods'

otherwise, deluxe strat ftw

Edit: AC30 is a great amp, so wasn't trying to say it wasn't a good choice.

Do you have an idea of how much all these upgrades to my current stratocaster would cost?
not amp always. if he likes the amp he has now, and he doesnt like the guitar, then its easy the guitar. if he likes american voiced amps also, I would suggest not getting the vox... but if all you want is a humbucker, then Iwould suggest swaping the pickup. and if you dont like the amp you have now, then yeah go for the vox ac30, they rock!
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Yeah, if the only problem you have with your guitar is the bridge pickup not being a humbucker then I would just swap the bridge pickup and get the AC30.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by fifer
not amp always. if he likes the amp he has now, and he doesnt like the guitar, then its easy the guitar. if he likes american voiced amps also, I would suggest not getting the vox... but if all you want is a humbucker, then Iwould suggest swaping the pickup. and if you dont like the amp you have now, then yeah go for the vox ac30, they rock!

i'm sorry, let me clarify that a bit more;

If you're unhappy with your tone, always replace your amp first.

Better?
Whichever you are least satisfied with, pretty simple. Both are good pieces of equipment to have.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Picker9415
Do you have an idea of how much all these upgrades to my current stratocaster would cost?

Here is a good site you can look stuff up with. The range is to great in components so it depends on what you want to spend.

http://stewmac.com/

for HB, I recommend a Duncan Custom Custom for a fatter thicker rock tone and an HSS pick gaurd.
If you like the feel of your guitar but don't like your tone, get the AC30. But keep in mind it's not a fender.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
well whats your max budget, genre, and are you willing to go used

we could help you maybe upgrade both for cheap

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by JohnFrusciante6
get off the bandwagon already.

my advice is to get a really nice HSS strat. the ac30 is not really an upgrade, you'll just be getting a loud, "vox" tone.

wow...not an upgrade? its an upgrade if he likes it better. if he wants an over all better amp, with more power, and british voiced, then the ac30 is an upgrade.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by fifer
wow...not an upgrade? its an upgrade if he likes it better. if he wants an over all better amp, with more power, and british voiced, then the ac30 is an upgrade.

he didn't say it wasn't an upgrade he said get off the new amp always before guitar band wagon because in this situation he doesn't necessarily need a new amp more then a guitar, its all choice

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.