See the picture down below?

How would i achieve that look? I playing with the idea of building one of the white one with a slightly diffret headstock and gold hardware.

Also would the paint flake? Is there a way to get theat look without flaking paint?

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
i looks like the paint got wet then shriveled.. i dunno..
either way its bad - i dont know animals
wow. that is one awesome finish. but i have no idea how to get it
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
it's easy to make that paint job, just put lots of paint on it and dry it with a hairdryer or something
A hero of war, Yeah that's what I'll be

(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)..........(.)(.)
Hmm looks like the top they put down just hasn't been finished, It's in the initial stages of the sanding process to produce that wrinkled look, the Gibson BFG does something similar. So I suppose you would need a circular sander. Then to paint, I believe you would buy a flat paint (as opposed to gloss) and then just take some rough sand paper to get some of it to come off. Then satin spray finish it to protect your work.

Oh and also I highly doubt that the paint itself is wrinkled because that would mean it could flake off after an hour of playing, defeating the purpose.
1990 Gibson LP Studio
2007 American Deluxe Stratocaster
2006 Taylor 510-ce
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz Bass
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Last edited by Deathcabforpat at Jan 7, 2009,
its for a GCSE so i might just ask them. If they concider it to be a trade secret then so be it. No harm in asking.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
they have them in my local store and yes the paint on the white one is raised and chipped and although i haven't touched it i'm quite sure that yes it would peel off in my hands
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.