My band is gonna be doing battle of the bands at our schools winter carnival and we don't know what song to play. The thing that sucks is we only get to play one song and it has to be 5 minutes or less. I was thinking of doing No One Knows by qotsa, but i want some other suggestions of good songs. But don't suggest any emo,goth, pop, or death metal songs.
It's not my imagination, I've got a gun on my back!
FREEBIRD!! Sped up to fit into 5 minutes!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
pick something with the most swearing, and maybe an anti-christian theme

lol
Quote by mental_zer0

The fear of the clock became too obvious. got expelled.

Quote by jmilli2
Spread rumours that she is a jew. Then all you need to do is sit back and wait for the secret police to make her 'disappear'.

lol?
Master Exploder!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
do not do any covers, that just labels you as 'the band who isnt good enough to write anything themselves", and plus, everyone is already pre-disposed to the song and may already hate it or love it.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Just pick a popular song that everyone loves and have a good stage presence. It's only a popularity contest anyways, especially if it's at a school.
Maybe some Iron Maiden? Run to the Hills would boost your awesomeness factor off the scale.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by technicolour
Just pick a popular song that everyone loves and have a good stage presence. It's only a popularity contest anyways, especially if it's at a school.

This.

No one actually cares how much talent you have.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
maggie may - Ros Stewart
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Quote by ChemicalFire
Maybe some Iron Maiden? Run to the Hills would boost your awesomeness factor off the scale.

I'd love to see a high school aged band pull that off.. i'd pay money to see it.
Its not bad to do covers, just please don't do something that's overplayed. So no Sweet Child o' Mine, Iron Man, or crap like that.
If you have a good band, maybe try Aces High by Iron Maiden. Or if you guys aren't quite that good, maybe something like... Crazy Train, if your guitarist can pull it off.
Crazy Train would be pretty badass...

Or you could play I Cum Blood..
This is a clever, witty signature. Rofl at my glory.
Quote by xkingd117x
I'd love to see a high school aged band pull that off.. i'd pay money to see it.

I reckon my band could pull it off and we're all 16/17, minus the vox cuz we don't have a singer
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by xkingd117x

It's fucking piss easy...
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by ChemicalFire
I reckon my band could pull it off and we're all 16/17, minus the vox cuz we don't have a singer

Nice.. you're drummer must be damn good.
(But it doesnt count until you get a vocalist.
.. and if you can get one like Bruce.. I hate you.)
This is a clever, witty signature. Rofl at my glory.