Here's one for you guys to ponder. My main axe (currently) is having a couple of issues.

First off, the bridge pick up squeals (it is passive). Only the bridge is affected however, the neck pickup has no issues. If it matters, both are Dimarzio D-Activators. Sometimes randomly when I stop playing there will be this awful high pitched squeal. Now, this isn't normal run of the mill feedback mind you. This is something different. Even when I have my noise gate on max and it kills my sustain and any "desirable" controlled feedback I might want to achieve, it still squeals something awful. It doesn't happen all the time, just sometimes randomly when I stop playing. But I noticed that when I actually touch the bridge pickup that it immediately stops the squealing. I suspected that it was possibly a grounding issue but upon opening the electronic compartments everything looks to be connected properly with with good solder joints and no loose connections. What else could it be?

Secondly, sometimes my guitar cuts out completely. Usually when I use the volume knob, but sometimes just randomly while playing. I can usually get it to kick in again just by twiddling with the volume knob, but sometimes I have to mess with it for 2 minutes before it even crackles to show signs of life. I thought that maybe something was touching something else that it shouldn't be and it was causing something to short out. But again, after opening it up and taking a look at the insides everything looks good.

I've had this guitar for about 2 months now and haven't experienced these problems until recently. Any thoughts?
Last edited by Erkekjetter at Jan 7, 2009,
What guitar do you have?
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
The bridge pickup has probably gone "microphonic". Time to replace.
Quote by Grown
The bridge pickup has probably gone "microphonic". Time to replace.

He could just re-pot it or whatever using the wax method.
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by stratdud39
for number 2 its most likely your input jack.
number 1 is kind of hard for me, what do you mean by squeal, does it sound like a pinch harmonic or is it like feedback sounding?
take it to a tech also

Yeah, I checked the input jack and it LOOKED good, but who knows...

As far as the squeal goes, its just a really loud high pitched "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE". Not really reminiscent of normal feedback or pinch harmonics.

Quote by IKnowItsWrong
What guitar do you have?

Ibanez Xiphos XPT707FX