Page 1 of 2
http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2008Nov24/0,4670,ODDPianoInWoods,00.html

the story's a couple months old, but I thought it was really interesting:

HARWICH, Mass. — Harwich police have a musical mystery on their hands: Who left a piano in the middle of the woods? And why? The Baldwin piano discovered in the Bells Neck woods appears to be in perfect working condition and had a matching bench as if it had recently been played.

The piano was discovered Saturday by a woman walking along a path inside a conservation area at the woods.

Another question police would like to answer is how the piano got to such a remote location. The piano is heavy and it took more than a half dozen men to load it onto a truck to remove it.

Police said they've notified other police departments in the area to see if anyone has reported a missing piano.

Theories on how and why it was there? I think it's mystifying, almost romantic
Old.
I think this was posted here once too...
(It is a pretty crazy story though.)
This is a clever, witty signature. Rofl at my glory.
It's that Damn Yogi Bear again!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Ohhh thats where i left my piano!
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
It's the rebirth of Jimmy Hendrix
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Simple this guy put it there!

Quote by Spoony_Bard
Dude I got these strings the other day that couldn't be tuned to higher than 4 octaves below middle C then I realized that they were shoelaces and they weren't making any sound at all.
Quote by technicolour
Some one trying to record a black metal album.

Probably a practical joke or something.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Most likely - and believe me with this - an overly romantic soon-to-be-husband hired a pianist to play "thier song" for his soon-to-be-wife at the location of their first kiss as teenagers while he did the whole one knee business. She said yes, and all was grand.

Unfortunetely, the piano had become lodged down the bottom of a hill.

The man, the fiance and the pianist were unable to get it out, so the man, obviously rich enough to convince a pianist to move his piano there in the first place, and still obviously reeling from the high that he's going to be a husband, offered to buy the pianist a new piano and basically forget about the old one, as it wasn't worth the trouble.

MYSTERY SOLVED
half a dozen men?

i found it easy to carry there
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
I say Tony the Pony did it
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
If I was the guys who put it there, I'd be pissing myself laughing now.
For sale
BC Rich Mockingbird Exotic Classic in Koa
Dean VMNT in Silver
Marshall TSL JCM2000 Head

PM For info!

My band
Someone looking for an album cover. Note how the piano was set up like it had been recently played? It's going on the next surprise Green Day album. Then this will be a story we loathe.
If you break a world speed record for a video game, are you a winner, or just someone who REALLY needs to go outside?

Quote by AdemaOnYourHead
My favorite Pokemon is still Dave Mustaine.
Yogi the bear is training to be a concert pianist.

Until you savages took his piano. Now he hides in the forest, receive training by a ninja in the secret arts of swiping picknick baskets in urban settings until one day... he will get his revenge.

Yogi bear

This time it's personal...
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Last edited by Kensai at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by technicolour
Some one trying to record a black metal album.

Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by Kensai
Yogi the bear is training to be a concert pianist.

Until you savages took his piano. Now he hides in the forest, receive training by a ninja in the secret arts of swiping picknick baskets in urban settings until one day... he will get his revenge.

Yogi bear

This time it's personal...

I see you've been dropping Acid again, good sir.
Quote by LordBishek
I see you've been dropping Acid again, good sir.

In Soviet russia, acid drops you!
It was probably Nightwish.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
It's obviously insurance fraud, which is a serious crime that shouldn't be joked about.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last edited by element4433 at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by Kensai
In Soviet russia, acid drops you!

And you hit the ground like a hefty bag full of vegetable soup.
In This River - Black Label Society
Quote by ZeBubba!
... Why are you preaching in the pit? The pit is for satanic people looking to fap.

Dost thou feelst lucky, punk?
Quote by element4433
It's obviously insurance fraud, which is a serious crime that shouldn't be joked about.

I thought the episode of the Simpsons was pretty funny where Homer 'stole' Moe's car so he'd get his insurance money for it.

"Da da dum da dum dum dum, insurance fraud today..."

Too bad I can't find the video. =/
some one found my piano! I put posters up every where and then some one finds it and they don't even call me!
Quote by LordBishek
And you hit the ground like a hefty bag full of vegetable soup.

Vegetable soup eh? Looks like another ingredient I have to bake into the pancake of mistrust.

Quote by metalderek
I thought the episode of the Simpsons was pretty funny where Homer 'stole' Moe's car so he'd get his insurance money for it.

I love that episode

Especially when homer is driving the car down a cliff, halfway down he jumps out of the car, rolls a couple times then hits a rock and accidentally tumble in into the car again
Quote by gunners fan
It's that Damn Yogi Bear again!

Pretty stupd how he must have spent more on a piano to trick people when he could just BUY a pic-a-nic basket.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Quote by Kensai
Vegetable soup eh? Looks like another ingredient I have to bake into the pancake of mistrust.

Or the omelette of suspicion.
Quote by metalderek

Okay, there's one exception.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Stevie Wonder put it there. He didn't know he was in the woods though.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I don't think I wanna know. That way I can make up a story in my head and go along with it.
--------
Quote by apothecarrie
I don't think I wanna know. That way I can make up a story in my head and go along with it.

Hmmm.. asian girl.....

piano...

There's something here, i'm just not sure what it is....
hue
Police said they've notified other police departments in the area to see if anyone has reported a missing piano.

What're the odds that someone would report a missing piano?
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Yo! Leave that piano alone. That's Liberace's piano.

See that squirrel up there in that tree? Say hello to Liberace.

Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
if its too big to move, someone must have carved it out of a tree right in the middle of the woods. its the only logical explanation.
I have no opinion on this matter.
**** that's a lot of $$ to be sitting in the forest. shoulda stolen it.
Page 1 of 2