Hi guys.

I've just come into some cash (birthday), and was considering some recording gear for home recordings, maybe to throw together a rough demo or something similar. After browsing various threads, I've come up with an SM57 and an E-MU 0202 that seem to have popped up a lot and was just looking for some opinions before I go and spend my money. I'd much rather you tell me why you do or don't like either of them, and maybe suggest something else in the £160 - 180 range (approx. $300.) Bearing in mind this is for both the interface, the mic, cable(s) and a mic stand, although feel free to hit the upper boundary of that budget because I can probably try and save up for the extras.

Thanks,

INH.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Honestly that will do. It really depends on what you are recording and what you expect at the end of it all. The SM57 is a pretty generic mic so it is a good choice before you go spending hundreds or even thousands on top of the line ones. It's ideal for you to learn micing positions and such.

I don't know very much about the EMU0202 but moody is always recommending it so I guess it is good enough.

What are you planning to record? Just the one guitar?
Yeah, it would only be one guitar track at a time. Maybe some bass, but nine times out of ten bass lines are readily available in backing tracks. I know drums take many more mics and I'm by no means a singer so just guitars, yeah.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Yea, those 2 will do then. Cables and stands won't set you back by much, and I think you can get a SM57 for around £60.
Great. Thanks alot.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues