Okay. I just got my first guitar, a fender fat mexi strat, and its frikken awesome. I got it for 275 with some upgraded saddles on craigslist, not a bad deal....

But i now need an amp. I really cant spend more than 100 or 120. Or else ill have to wait till next year, cuz im 14, and have no way of making money.

What would be a good amp in my price range? I can go used if i need too. I was looking at the Microcube, but i cant set any of my own settings. I want one where i can set the settings in the ultimate settings thread for different sounds. I know the peavey vypyr 15 can change bass, mids, and treble, but does it have to model an amp? Or is there a mode where its all manual and no modelling?
anyone? does the vpyyr 15 have manuel settings mode so i can get sounds i like? if so, in general is it a good amp?
Vypyr 15 has enough models of amps that you should be able to find any sound you want really.

Just adjust the gain knob and stuff. Yeah, for $120 its probably the best you are going to get.
My gear:
PRS SE custom
~!~--Peavey XXX super 40 EFX --~!~
Peavey VK 112

===WGS Vet30
===JJ power tubes

---Pedals:
-ISP Decimator
-Digitech Bad Monkey
-Crybaby wah
-Korg Pitchblack
-Danelectro FnC EQ
congrats on your guitar pick up

$120 is not a lot obviously, but don't tell me you can't make money if you apply yourself. Shovel snow, cut grass, rake leaves, paint, odd jobs, paper route, etc. Just sayin.

I don't think you can turn off the amp models on either the Cube or the Vypyr 15 but both of those would be good choises for starting out. They are both nice, you won't be dissapointed at this point in your life.

Good luck.

Also, you did a good job creating this thread. You obviously did some research first. I wish more people would do that.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
congrats on your guitar pick up

$120 is not a lot obviously, but don't tell me you can't make money if you apply yourself. Shovel snow, cut grass, rake leaves, paint, odd jobs, paper route, etc. Just sayin.

I don't think you can turn off the amp models on either the Cube or the Vypyr 15 but both of those would be good choises for starting out. They are both nice, you won't be dissapointed at this point in your life.

Good luck.

Also, you did a good job creating this thread. You obviously did some research first. I wish more people would do that.

K so there is no manual mode? that sucks. Does anyone hear have it that they could tell me for sure? Im ok i guess with modelling, but it kinda sucks modelling amps you'll never have enough money for haha.
^that may be true but if you think about it, these are solid state amps so without a model behind your signal the amp would just me meh. You might was well get an acoustic guitar. That is how I look at it. I mean both amps have 'cleaner' settings so I think you will be surprised.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^that may be true but if you think about it, these are solid state amps so without a model behind your signal the amp would just me meh. You might was well get an acoustic guitar. That is how I look at it. I mean both amps have 'cleaner' settings so I think you will be surprised.

Haha i have an acoustic right now also. Love it.

Does anyone know of any other amps i could get used on dallas.craigslist for under 120?

Im looking for Bluesy stuff (STV, hendrix), and rock, not metal at all, unless like afterlife by a7x counts as metal. I also want some cleans like a7x (obviously i like they're tone. i know "make your own tone blablabla" but still) those kind of solo tones like that.

Anyone know what would get me close to this kind of stuff
Congrats on the geetar! And yes, you can make money somehow legitimately as pointed out.
The Vypyr 15 is $99 iirc, and is a very versatile little amp. I was surprised how much I liked it when I tried it - I wasn't expecting it to be that decent at $99. It's very hard to beat at that price point IMO.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by gregs1020
Congrats on the geetar! And yes, you can make money somehow legitimately as pointed out.
The Vypyr 15 is $99 iirc, and is a very versatile little amp. I was surprised how much I liked it when I tried it - I wasn't expecting it to be that decent at $99. It's very hard to beat at that price point IMO.

I know its possible, but its just hard where i live cuz i cant work anywhere. and we have no trees to rake leaves around here, no snow (texas), our neighborhood is full of creeps so i dont know bout painting peoples houses haha, and we have no paper route, and its not lawnmowin season haha.
I used to wash cars for $5.

Another option is sit in a train station during rush hour and play an old beat up acoustic with a hat upsidedown in front of you, dark sunglasses and ratty clothes.

Just kidding - I realize it can be tough but be creative and see what happens. Good luck friend.
Quote by gregs1020
I used to wash cars for $5.

Another option is sit in a train station during rush hour and play an old beat up acoustic with a hat upsidedown in front of you, dark sunglasses and ratty clothes.

Just kidding - I realize it can be tough but be creative and see what happens. Good luck friend.

Dude i am SERIOUSLY likin that train idea, but maybe like a busy street corner? We have no close train stations lol
Bus station, busy corner, wherever there are people. If people see you trying they will give you some change and it adds up - and you get some practice. Just don't take a nice guitar that some idiot could steal and please be careful.
Quote by gregs1020
Bus station, busy corner, wherever there are people. If people see you trying they will give you some change and it adds up - and you get some practice. Just don't take a nice guitar that some idiot could steal and please be careful.

Haha i only have one acoustic, some 200 doller epiphone. Any ideas for hoboish songs
Blues blues and more blues. Nothing remotely happy. Nothing too hard either, you want the pity thing going. Maybe a simple 12 bar blues riff. Anything Muddy Waters from the old times. The simpler the better. Maybe make a sign "need cash for lessons" and put it by the hat.

That has to be the most bizarre advise I have ever given, yet I do think it's helpful, lol.
Quote by gregs1020
Blues blues and more blues. Nothing remotely happy. Nothing too hard either, you want the pity thing going. Maybe a simple 12 bar blues riff. Anything Muddy Waters from the old times. The simpler the better. Maybe make a sign "need cash for lessons" and put it by the hat.

That has to be the most bizarre advise I have ever given, yet I do think it's helpful, lol.

I dont know why but my blues kinda sounds upbeat. Maybe i should just go real slow, on 12 bar and improvising. reaaaaaaaaaalllllllll slow. Lol