my god that is an open ended question. Since 95% of people here seem to be metal heads they will probably tell you Peavey amps suck. I love them, and in fact just bought a Valveking. I play all kinds of music, including metal.
^ You are aware that the 5150/6505 series are made by peavey, they serve as the industry standard in metal tones.

Ive never had a chance to play any of the peavey guitars, but their amps are pretty awesome, regardless of genre. I was playing some fusion material through a classic 50 and it held up pretty good with an OD.
My first guitar was a Peavey Raptor EXP and it was a great starter guitar. Valvekings are dope, so are the 5150/6505's...

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Amps are nice, basses are nice, but I've never played a guitar of theirs, so I couldn't comment. The guitars are likely as good as the basses, though, which says enough.
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
Quote by hmmm_de_hum
^ You are aware that the 5150/6505 series are made by peavey, they serve as the industry standard in metal tones.

Ive never had a chance to play any of the peavey guitars, but their amps are pretty awesome, regardless of genre. I was playing some fusion material through a classic 50 and it held up pretty good with an OD.

sorry, I was aware but arent those expensive amps? My admittedly limited time on this site has led me to believe if you are looking at a Peavey amp under $600 people seem to hate them (again, its hard telling what the OP is looking for)
Quote by Tyler Durden
My first guitar was a Peavey Raptor EXP and it was a great starter guitar. Valvekings are dope, so are the 5150/6505's...

i had a rotor exp and it was great too, not only as a starter guitar
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
Never played a peavey guitar, but i just got a ValveKing and i love it. Just wanna get a OD pedal for it.
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
I've both their amps and guitars and was pleased with the performance of both.
I have a Peavey Ultra 60 GREAT for cleans and acoustic stuff.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
I have a Peavey Windsor...I love it. The cleans are pretty much non-existant but its a great amp.
Quote by GuitarDTO
sorry, I was aware but arent those expensive amps? My admittedly limited time on this site has led me to believe if you are looking at a Peavey amp under $600 people seem to hate them (again, its hard telling what the OP is looking for)

Under $600 for peavey is most of the Vypyr series which have pretty much taken up the role of default starter amps for metal alongside the Roland Cubes, to my understanding.