is 70 pounds a good price ,a good condition but used, marshall mg30dfx?

sorry if this is the wrong forum

thanks,
dan

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Last edited by shinhoman at Jan 7, 2009,
no, a marshall mg30dfx is always too expensive, even if it's for a fiver... they're actually quite rubbish (tested one out in the music shop I always go to...), it just sounded horrible...
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

They are only around £120 new so no its not great. Also, as it has been mentioned,they suck. Get a Cube 30x or a 30w Vypyr instead
A reviewer said High School Musical is "squeakier than Minnie Mouse at the point of climax" and I couldn't help but indulge my imagination.
Gear:
Washburn X200 Pro with SD's
Roland Cube 15x
Digitech RP-50
Boss DS-1
Boss CH-1
They sound rubbish on their own, but if you have a good distortion/overdrive pedal or something like a Vox Tonelab or a Lin6 POD and need an amp loud enough for band practice, it's a good idea. 70 quid seems okay, but try haggling anyway!
Quote by poipoi
no, a marshall mg30dfx is always too expensive, even if it's for a fiver... they're actually quite rubbish (tested one out in the music shop I always go to...), it just sounded horrible...

Quote by 666_Pounder
Even free is too much.

no.

by the looks of it TS is a bass player who probably just wants a cheap amp for guitar that does the job, in which case the MG30 is fine, certainly better than using a bass amp. although £70 isn't a bad deal, you could try to haggling as quailman said.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube
no.

I did have one y'know, and even for that I would says its a bad deal, I'm fairly sure Microcubes are cheaper and sound better.

Unless of course you need it to be louder.
They don't sound as bad as people make out, but it's not worth £70. £50 at most if it's in good condition.
Quote by Tomaz24
They don't sound as bad as people make out, but it's not worth £70. £50 at most if it's in good condition.

+1. Decent practice amps if thats what you're looking for. Definitely get an overdrive/distortion pedal though.