This is more a question then a build thread at the moment. But I will definitely keep you all posted once I get them ordered/installed. I'm planning to convert my EMG equipped LTD to passive pickups with a set of humbucker sized P-90s. I test fitted some open coil humbuckers in the active pickup rings and they fit no problem.

My concern is how much bigger will the metal casing make a humbucker sized pickup? The site I'm ordering from says they'll fit ANY humbucker equipped guitar, I was just curious if anyone has done anything similar?

I realize it's kind of an odd swap but all my guitars have quirky swaps/mods done to them. Actives just aren't my thing for this guitar. I want a set neck/ mahogany guitar with P-90s without having to pick up another LP, haha. I'll definitely keep this thread updated with sound clips, etc. once I get the 'pups.
SLAP energy drinks ftw.
Not enough to matter... the Phat Cats/ their clones should fit
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Not enough to matter... the Phat Cats/ their clones should fit

Good to hear! Thanks for the reply
SLAP energy drinks ftw.