something wierd is going on with my electricity. normally the bill is like 80$ at my house but every once in a while it just randomly doubles. same with my water bill. and during those months we never did anything different than the month before it that could double the bill. anyone know why this would be happening>.<
Quote by yo_peh
i love you!
have cookie

Quote by RocksAwakening5
^^^ So much win, omg.
Quote by freedoms_stain
Don't have electric heating by any chance do ya?

nope.
Quote by yo_peh
i love you!
have cookie

Quote by RocksAwakening5
^^^ So much win, omg.
TS your signiture is far too big! :|

As to the problem, try contacting your electric and water providers, they're most likely going to give you better answer than the pit!

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
complain to the company. they probably just want more money
Perhaps someone is hijacking your water mains/power supply. Usually it's located in the basement, idk if you'll be able to tell by yourself. Try this though... for the electricity, turn off everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) in your house, by hand, and check the meter (usually outside) and see if it's still spinning. If so, then your electricity is being routed somewhere else as well. Or you could pay for a plumber and an electrician to give it a look-see if you've got the dough.

Happened to me in my last place, turns out I was paying for this asshole to live in the basement of my place. Horrible experience.
Quote by risetofight
something wierd is going on with my electricity. normally the bill is like 80$ at my house but every once in a while it just randomly doubles. same with my water bill. and during those months we never did anything different than the month before it that could double the bill. anyone know why this would be happening>.<

Use your brain...

Call your electrical/water provider and request an energy audit. They generally do these for free. They will locate any area in your house that is leeching electricity or water and tell you how to bring the bill down. They will also be able to locate if someone is jacking your utilities.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Because your meter is only read 2 or 3 times a year. The rest are estimated bills.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Because your meter is only read 2 or 3 times a year. The rest are estimated bills.

Not all companies do that though.
maybe cause last month was holiday time and you have a tree and lights plugged into it 24 hours a day?
Roses are red
Voilets are blue
The only bulge in my pocket is my wallet
No i'm not happy to see you
Quote by nebiru
Not all companies do that though.

I'll bet his does.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Jackal58
I'll bet his does.

could be, but i dont know. thanks
Quote by yo_peh
i love you!
have cookie

Quote by RocksAwakening5
^^^ So much win, omg.
Quote by risetofight
could be, but i dont know. thanks

If you look at your bill it will say somewhere on it "Actual" or "Estimated"
Compare them and I'll bet you'll find the lower ones are estimated and the high one is actual.
Of course it could still be one of the stock pit answers. Aliens, Manbearpig, Ninja pirates etc.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
I'd just call the power company and inquire. It could just be the method of payment. as was said already, sometimes they are based on estimates and I think some people (I haven't had to) make what are called 'equalized payments' to make up for the real power they actually used at the end of the year. How often is your bill doubling? And is it just for the one month then back to normal or does it stay like that for a few payments? I'm actually an electrician and i can tell you it could be a lot of things, some mentioned by others above, so the best thing would be to get on the phone and ask them about it... If the power company shrugs their shoulders, get an electrician in to check things out. otherwise the best we can do is say "maybe this, maybe that" 'cause all the things it COULD be would involve hands on troubleshooting.
Quote by Jackal58
I'll bet his does.

Yeah probably. A friend of mine was on a company like that and they would do it twice a year I believe.
I think you have a troll under your doorstep who lives off your supplies every few month, then goes into a long slumber.

...Or Darth Vader uses your house to re-charge the death Star...

Go figure....