hey guys ive been looking all around UG and the net and i cannot seem to find the amp settings for All That Remains. I am just learning how to play Six by them. I cannot stand playing a song without the correct settings. I need settings for gain, mid, bass, reverb, etc. If you guys know anything about these settings then please let me know.
Quote by Guitarz4Life
hey guys ive been looking all around UG and the net and i cannot seem to find the amp settings for All That Remains. I am just learning how to play Six by them. I cannot stand playing a song without the correct settings. I need settings for gain, mid, bass, reverb, etc. If you guys know anything about these settings then please let me know.
You don't need their amp setting to be able to play their songs. and to get their sound your going to need more than just the right amp with the same settings. Your going to need the same guitar also. And they double track their guitars with possibly other amps and all kinds of studio gear and whatnot.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Jerm_ is right, Since it's ATR they probably have scooped mids and reverb around 10 o'clock. And I would just put gain all the way up. I don't know about the clean part of the song tho. Thats all I got.
its not hard to find a good tone, just turn up you gain and treble, put your mids at half and your bass just over half, with a touch of reverb. And your amp might not be able to do it no matter how much you try. You need an amp with a metal tone. Also you realize the guitars are harmonized and overlayed so as many as four guitars are playing at the same time? and some of those guitars are double tracked too
Quote by imnotcommunist
lets make an emo song!!
first play same 2 power chords over and over
have a breakdown every 10 seconds
cry and whimper
dont forget the hair over one eye
and the depressing lyrics on how your teddy bear died!
thanks guys, i understand that i am not going to get the exact tone as them, but i just wanted the tone in that general area.
Quote by RJMan
just turn up you gain and treble, put your mids at half and your bass just over half, with a touch of reverb.

+1
Quote by jerm__
You don't need their amp setting to be able to play their songs. and to get their sound your going to need more than just the right amp with the same settings. Your going to need the same guitar also. And they double track their guitars with possibly other amps and all kinds of studio gear and whatnot.

lol, if you're trying to get a band's sound, you go for their amp first, NOT their guitars
Baron K2 SE 120
MILLS 4x12 Afterburner
Eventide TimeFactor Delays
ISP Pro Rack G Noise Suppressor
BKP Warpig pickups
Also, keep in mind every amp sounds different...if you aren't using their amp you might have to EQ differently (take away some treble or bass maybe)
"Music is an expression. Not competition." ~ Woe, Is Me

Guitar
ESP LTD Viper 400

Amp
Orange Crush 35LDX
Quote by kayman121
lol, if you're trying to get a band's sound, you go for their amp first, NOT their guitars

Ya thats what i said Amp, then guitar/pedals/cabs/whatnot/stuff/good stuff.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Quote by inflamesk8r
Just to let you know, ATR uses a Maxon OD-9 overdrive pedal.

why did you bump this??

*reported for close*
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me