well im thinking of buying a epiphone les paul custom, and i want to change the pickups, i want really hi gain bridge pickup (like a dimarzio x2n) and a really smooth warm sounding clean neck pickup, i dont want to go into active pickup's so passive pickups only

i play through a laney lc50 which is a tube amp
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Last edited by ChazBcWarlock at Jan 7, 2009,
well if your amp is distorted its going to sound distorted on both pickups and if its in clean they are both going to be clean...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
I'm a massive advocate of active pickups. Do you mind me asking why you won't consider them?
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
Quote by fwibble
I'm a massive advocate of active pickups. Do you mind me asking why you won't consider them?

because i find making a big cavity in the back of the guitar a pain in the ass as i cant do woodwork or electronics and would be expensive to hire someone to do it
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
well im thinking of buying a epiphone les paul custom, and i want to change the pickups, i want really hi gain bridge pickup (like a dimarzio x2n) and a really smooth warm sounding clean neck pickup, i dont want to go into active pickup's so passive pickups only

i play through a laney lc50 which is a tube amp

and???
I did read the post. and the guitar's pickups are pretty much already going to do that...lol
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground