alright, while i get the bugs worked out on my last build, i've been in the planning stages for my next one. I've decided that by posting this before I start I can bounce ideas off of other people and improve upon what I would have come up with on my own. So, lets begin. This is where I'm at, I want a seven string guitar, and I would also like a V, so I believe it's clear how I ended up at a seven string v. I also love the look of flamed maple, and I was thinking blue.
Heres where it gets interesting. I think that too many Vs look the same. The most original V i've seen as of late is Mustaines vmnt, and before that jacksons randy rhoads v. other than that, they've all been pretty much the same. doodling one night i came up with a basic shape thats still a v but something original. then for the extra fins i was thinking that diamond plate would look cool, but we'll see about that.
heres a cg concept sketch.

Oh! and the red on the side are the knobs. I can't remember where i saw it but a couple months ago someone posted a guitar with the knobs recessed into the side bevels, which looked sick as hell.
I havent even bought the wood, so right now its still in the planning stages and I would really like to hear some thoughts and ideas on it.
I like. An incredible amount. Sexy.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
I don't like the diamond plate, together with the blue flamed maple. In fact, if the plate didnt cover the whole top, I would not like it, tbh...Looks a bit forced together.

Blue flamed maple on its own looks sweet though.
This is in my interests
I think trans black would look better with the plate though
Also, I think the knobs you saw were on a Maverick guitar
ohai little sig.
Quote by Demonikk
This is in my interests
I think trans black would look better with the plate though
Also, I think the knobs you saw were on a Maverick guitar

yes my mate has a custom one in flouesecent yellow with chrome 'rollers' for teh volume/tone

looks sick as
don't like teh bloo quilt.

maybe in another colour...

but hey, tis your guitar.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
I've been thinking of a knob arangement similar to this on a V I've been dreaming up, only more concealed

look foward to it

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
yep, that was it. those maverick guitars are sick as hell! im definitely leaning towards chrome knobs. I would appreciate a few more suggestions, since i wont be able to start working on it for a little while now, so i've got plenty of time to entertain any reasonable (or completely insane) ideas.
Demonikk, when you say trans black for the fins, are you suggesting using flamed maple for that too? cause that would be sick as hell.
I'm glad about all the positive feedback, and its only making me more excited about this build.
anyone have any suggestions for a good way to embed the 3/5 way switch similar to how im recessing the knobs?
i think it looks awesome with the metal plate
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
i dont liek the plate,either all plate,or all quilt..i like the blue quilt

what program did you use for this?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
I would vote black quilt, not blue.
Just call me Bobby
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by mikeyElite
you build guitars worthy of sexual favors

Quote by Invader Jim
if this party gets any livelier a funeral is gonna break out.
Quote by Mazzakazza
I don't like the diamond plate, together with the blue flamed maple. In fact, if the plate didnt cover the whole top, I would not like it, tbh...Looks a bit forced together.

Blue flamed maple on its own looks sweet though.

+200
maybe a blue burst (black on the edge)?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.