I have this steel string acoustic the epiphone dove and maybe im just a pussy but i feel that the strings are tight as hell compared to other guitars and is feels really uncomfortable playing it. I was thinking of getting new strings for it but i wouldnt know where to go when it comes to acoustic strings. Anyone know any tips for stretching out the strings or helping me out in my situation? Thanks it would help alot.
Get lower gauge strings, your guitar shop should sell them, just ask for acoustic strings, you can use electric strings on it as well, it will be easier to bend the strings that way.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Quote by Birchall17
Get lower gauge strings, your guitar shop should sell them, just ask for acoustic strings, you can use electric strings on it as well, it will be easier to bend the strings that way.

+1
Just stretch out your fingers and keep playing. Playing a tough guitar can only do you good in the end. It'll strengthen your fingers and help you play other guitars with more ease.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Do not use electric strings on an acoustic guitar. Try Lights or Custom Lights or Extra Lights.
why not use electrics on an acoustic?
ive done it before, gives more of a wah sound to every note..
It takes a real man to play a acoustic. Electrics are easy you just have to put lots of practice time in and you can start with light strings. I started playing three years ago, I play every day and I'm just starting to have things click now.
ROCK'N 6 STRINGS GRINDING PICKS INTO POWDER
Well if you've had the guitar for a while and the strings are really old they'll be harder to play on.

But in all honesty, just man up and play it. Or buy lighter guage strings.

Don't get electric strings.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray