i know there are 100 of these threads. but i'm confused about this one.

i'm kinda in the market for a higher end head. the mag is great but i'm just craving something a little more.

i'm looking at the GK 1001RB-II
http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/GallienKrueger-1001RBII-70050W-Biamp-Bass-Head?sku=482588

i'm definetly getting the mag 1x15 cab.

the maximum continious use for both cabs combined are 700 watts, (450 for the 4x10, and 250 for the 1x15)

not it says 700 watt ouput for the head at 4 ohms. so i'd be safe right?
I play bass!
Notnessicarily it will but 350 watts rougly into each cab, itll be fine at low volumes but if you crank you might have some trouble. See ig you can get a higher end cab, Lower end cabs will reduce the performance and tone of the head.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
well if i ran it at 8 ohms with just my 4x10 cab would it run at 350 watts? so i could buy the head then save up for an 8x10 or something
I play bass!
Ya the 4x10 should be fine, maybe look for a bigger 1x15. *x10's really depend on what kind of person you are, personnally i was hihly dissapointed by the size of them, but they do pack a punch of sound. Would it be g-k cab. Defiantly play the G-k through the ashdown cabs to see about the sound, i hear they dont agree with differnt brand heads.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
yeah. i would have to use the GK head with the ashdown 4x10 till i can afford to buy another cab. and it would probably end up being the GK goldline 8x10

even thought i've kinda been apposed to the 8x10 in the past due to it being virtually impossible to transport. at least for me not having an suv, van or trailor.
I play bass!
I moved my friends in my mums saloon, no problem, i am 6'1, I ve also heard the goldlines arent great(ihave never played a g-k) but i am not sure, Over all it seems a good setup your getting.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
yeah. thanks for your help. i think this is gonna merit a few extra trips to gutiar center ( i live an hours away from the nearest)
I play bass!
Oh god it does, if i go to america im heading to GC straight away, they sound pretty sweet, just big buildings with basses and "other" instruments.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
lol yeah. i do admit. the bass section is probably the weakest out of guitar, bass, drums. at least at mine. (buffalo, ny)
I play bass!