I have a Jackson Dk2s with 0.10 strings. Though the strings feel a little loose and sloppy. I've also noticed that the distance between two strings is more than on a fender for example.
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
That is probably because it was never set up for .10s (they ship with 9 gauge IIRC) and the tension raised the Floyd Rose up beyond the point of the baseplate being parallel with the body, which is where it should be. To do this, tighten the screws on the trem claw in the back until the baseplate has moved about halfway to where it needs to be. Retune. Then tighten it further. Repeat this until it is parallel.
what tuning is it in? if a lower tuning the strings will be loose and floyd rose brides space the strings slightly wider than fenders and others
I sat next to a nun on the bus once, she said hi

Twitter: @Pikey_P - wise words right there.
It's always standard

EDIT: Someone at the store where I bought the guitar restringed it for me.

But maybe I just suck at guitar and there's nothing with the strings. But it feels uncomfortable
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Last edited by 08L1V10N at Jan 8, 2009,
Cool.
I assume you want our help on changing that?

Get it set up for thicker strings, I guess.
Take it to a guitar shop near you, and get them to give it a proper set up with .11 or .12 gauge strings. A pro set up and thicker strings SHOULD fix that.
Member of the Laney Cult
Quote by DEATHPANDA
Don't buy FR again, I won't.

99/100 times with an FR it is operator error. And TS, you enver responded about the base plate being parallel to the route.