Seriously, I've read up on this and I really have no clue what it is yet.

So can someone explain SLOWLY what the hell you do when you sequence?
Sequencing in electronic music is when you arrange MIDI data to form a musical passage.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
It's when you take all of your sound effects and arrange a song out of them. Basically you have your synth pad/MIDI pad/what have you, which is the sequencer. You hit the buttons/throw the switches/whatever to select a sound to play.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Last edited by BlackandSilver at Jan 7, 2009,
In genetics and biochemistry, sequencing means to determine the primary structure (or primary sequence) of an unbranched biopolymer. ...
Guitar Pro is a form of sequencing I suppose, as in you are using midi data to create a piece of music.

EDIT:

You can see here that there are blocks arranged to make a chord. Each block is placed in the row of the note it is meant to be in. Making any music in this form accounts for being sequencing. the blocks here can be changed to correspond to a note length, like a crotchet, quaver, hemi-semi quaver (or somthing like that) quaver. You can change the pitch, velocity and what have you.

This in Logic Studio btw.
NOPE.
Last edited by charvel_man at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Seriously, I've read up on this and I really have no clue what it is yet.

So can someone explain SLOWLY what the hell you do when you sequence?

That depends on the context... Sequencing in music? Sequencing in genetics? Other?
Quote by ZeGuitarist
That depends on the context... Sequencing in music? Sequencing in genetics? Other?

Music!
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Music!

Then it's what Xiaoxi said. Plus, the MIDI data you arranged is used to "instruct" digital instruments (such as keyboards, electronic drums, ...) or instrument simulators (software such as EZDrummer), to get a "realistic" playback instead of the crappy MIDI playback you hear in Guitar Pro, for example.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Music!

The Sequence is a former female old school hip hop trio signed to the Sugar Hill label in the early-1980s. ...
?
In a traditional sense, a sequencer is essentially a synth that plays back from a bank of sounds. You tell it what sounds to play at what times and it plays them back in sequence. Drum sequencers are pretty handy things.

Example:

There is a 16th note grid on a drum sequencer. At any given step of the sequence, any or all of the sounds from a pre-defined drum 'kit' can be switched on. You switch each sound on at different times of the sequence to play a beat.