Hi guys.

I currently own a Jackson JS30KV, an Fm65r(gets flamed a lot, but currently it does the job for me) amp and a Digitech DF7 distortion factory.
I found a pretty good sound with this setup and now I'm gathering up some cash to burn....... probably on a Dean ML79(the one without the floyd rose.)

So, might this be a good idea? As I stated I pretty much have a good sound with that setup,so I think that with the dean it might improve a bit.

Also im gonna buy a new amp(peavey valveking combo probably) or a line 6 pod x3(not so sure aboat this) maybe in summer 09.

The Dean looks pretty sweet to me and from the reviews and vids I saw on it, it was pretty awesome!

Anyway check this for more info about it-
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-ML79-Electric-Guitar?sku=512932

BDW - I mainly play 80s classic thrash metal and some nwobhm, although I play lots of other styles but metal is my main territory.

EDIT -

Here is a sample of my current sound -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHHrtr2drnw&feature=channel_page
Spinal Tap:
You would, though, if it were playing, because it really... it's famous for its sustain...I mean, you could, just hold it....
Last edited by GozitanThrasher at Jan 11, 2009,
i have a dean ML- but not a 79, but thats pretty sick too. If your looking for a better SOUND, then maybe try new pickups. the greatest thing about my dean is its pickups and its harmonic range, which can also be credited to the pickups :P but if its just cus the guitar is sick, then go for it, becuase its really nice to play also
i think it would do the job,i heard though the Quality control from dean has gone down...maybe a second hand or built in 07 model?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by Pantora
i have a dean ML- but not a 79, but thats pretty sick too. If your looking for a better SOUND, then maybe try new pickups. the greatest thing about my dean is its pickups and its harmonic range, which can also be credited to the pickups :P but if its just cus the guitar is sick, then go for it, becuase its really nice to play also

I considered new pickups, but I dont think it would be worth it.

Quote by nowa90
i think it would do the job,i heard though the Quality control from dean has gone down...maybe a second hand or built in 07 model?

Damn... anyway, the best thing to do is to try one myself, and then see later..... I'll just take my time.
Spinal Tap:
You would, though, if it were playing, because it really... it's famous for its sustain...I mean, you could, just hold it....
Last edited by GozitanThrasher at Jan 7, 2009,
i'm going to give you the typical UG advice and say that you might want to consider getting the amp first simply because that will make your current guitar sound that much better.

but yea, in the end, its up to you!
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
i'm going to give you the typical UG advice and say that you might want to consider getting the amp first simply because that will make your current guitar sound that much better.

but yea, in the end, its up to you!

Also, the thing is that I got that amp just 8 months ago, and a new amp is out of the question for now. Im pretty much settled on getting the valveking combo in the future anyway(either the 1x12 or the 2x12...dont worry 'bout that.
Spinal Tap:
get one used and throw a dimarzio d activator in the bridge and you'd be set
i highly suggest a new amp, since the B-52 AT112 is on a massive price drop right now. its better than the valveking your saving up for
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by GozitanThrasher
Also, the thing is that I got that amp just 8 months ago, and a new amp is out of the question for now. Im pretty much settled on getting the valveking combo in the future anyway(either the 1x12 or the 2x12...dont worry 'bout that.

ok, yea, i understand your situation.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
i highly suggest a new amp, since the B-52 AT112 is on a massive price drop right now. its better than the valveking your saving up for

i got a ml 79 andi gotta say even though its a BEAST metal guitar the new amp is a definite must.

i don't have a valveking but i've played them and i like them a lot especially the bright switch and gain boosts

but i've never played the b-52 so i would wait on the ml even though it's a good buy

and play and compare and contrast the b-52 and valveking.

have fun.
I use to have a Dean ML79 in blue burst. They are great guitars although most are made in Korea now. They are killer sounding and play very fast. I usually run a Marshall Plexi but since its out of order for the moment, I've been using a b-52 stealth and they are awesome. I prefer the b-52 over the Peavey JSX that we also have in the studio.
Last edited by Mase947 at Jan 7, 2009,
Thanks for replying guys!! Unfortunately no one sells B-52 amps in my country(microscopical country - malta lol) and I'm not able to buy stuff from the internet.

I dunno but I'm really intersested in getting that friggin guitar, obviously I have got to go and try it, but that's not that easy right now (i have to cross islands and I would have to find a whole day to spend,and I'll be doing my A-levels in a few months and I can't really find time lol)
Spinal Tap:
Last edited by GozitanThrasher at Jan 8, 2009,
I have a Peavey Valve King 112, you're going to love it.

Whenever I go to Gozo for long weekends I always have to take my Feneder amp cause its smaller
1979 Granada Les Paul
1983 Lado Flying V
2006 Fender Stratocaster
2007 Tenson Classical
2008 Epiphone Les Paul
2008 Yamaha Pacifica
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2011 Dean Z 79 Series
2011 Ibanez 12 String Acoustic
2012 Messina Classical
Quote by GozitanThrasher
Check out my current tone (thrash metal tone)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHHrtr2drnw&feature=channel_page

Definatly not bad for a Fender, especially a Frontman, but wouldn't you rather have this tone?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhN6iLMtm74

btw, meal tone isn't till the end
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan