Im looking at getting a Jim Root Signature Telecaster. Only problem I have is the location of the volume knob. Its kindly in the same place as a strat. I had a peavey raptor, which is like a poor mans strat, and I hit the volume knob alot on stage. Will i do that with the telecaster? If so, what do yall do to avoid hitting that knob? Is there anyway to stop it from turning?[other than breaking the knob off. I tryed that with my peavey.
I took it off on my strats.
Simply put the whole thing away(including the potentiometer) and made the 1st tone knob a master volume and the 2nd tone knob became a master tone knob.
It's muuuuuuuuuuuch better.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Kozlic
I took it off on my strats.
Simply put the whole thing away(including the potentiometer) and made the 1st tone knob a master volume and the 2nd tone knob became a master tone knob.
It's muuuuuuuuuuuch better.

doesnt the jim root tele ONLY have 1 volume knob?

edit: yes it does.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Used to happen to me for solos back in the day when I was still palmmuting about everything. The tone would get weaker and weaker until it was gone and during a solo I'd have to jam it up all the way again missing a few notes in the process.

Now, when what I play is on a higher string my hand moves a bit towards the neck, this avoids the volume knob and is a great little trick for muting strings you've gone past.

Anyway. Don't let it bother you, there's a always a way around it. You could also just take off the knob (and leave the rest in place! Lol at above post!) and it won't be in the way as much.
Phrases Label
The Bohemes
---
The White Strat w/Dimebucker
Tokai Explorer Korina
Ibanez RG570 Purple Neon
Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Ebony
Fender Telecaster Apple Red
Dano '59 Burgundy
Ibanez Artcore AM-73