Starting yesterday, i started hearing this weird sound that seems to be coming from my bridge mostly on the E, A, and D strings. It usually happens when I'm palm-muting but sometimes it just happens when I am playing normal notes. It sounds like a lower voice going "aww" or "wahhh" or "wohhhh" or something, I don't know how to perfectly describe it. What is this and how can i fix it?
More info please;
Guitar
Pickups
Amp
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
What you should do is get Yvette Fielding to film an episode "Ghosthunting with bologna121121" and then get some scary mediums in to speak to the spirits within your guitar.

Or just get it exorcised.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
If you're not muting the GBE strings, then it may be just feedback from them?
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
is it like when you palm mute too hard?
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
my guitar is a Schecter c-1 plus, the pickups I'm not completely sure on, they came with the guitar. I believe they are 'Duncan Designed' humbuckers (2 of them), and this is happening without it being plugged into the amp. and it happens when I don't even palm mute, but it is just more noticeable when I am muting the string. Help?
Quote by bologna121121
my guitar is a Schecter c-1 plus, the pickups I'm not completely sure on, they came with the guitar. I believe they are 'Duncan Designed' humbuckers (2 of them), and this is happening without it being plugged into the amp. and it happens when I don't even palm mute, but it is just more noticeable when I am muting the string. Help?

Whoa weird I have the same guitar and am having the same problem. The amp/pickups don't matter though, this happens when the guitar is unplugged. With me it only happens sometimes. I'm getting it set up soon and telling the tech my problem unless it gets resolved in this thread.
Might be the springs ringing Put some electrical tape on them, it usually fixes it.
Quote by gonX
Might be the springs ringing Put some electrical tape on them, it usually fixes it.

i thought fixed bridge guitars dont have springs in them
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by -Blue-
With me it only happens sometimes.

Yeah the same deal with me, it has done it once before this, then it just kind of stopped for about a year or so. Its just starting again now, I don't know what the deal is.
It's a fixed bridge? Then it's weird... could be tons of stuff. It could be the springs in your pickups (Yes, they're working with the screws so you can set up your pupheight), it could be that the bridge has slightly come loose and is rattling in the body, it could be string saddles rattling, it could be.... you get the picture.

Try and be EVEN more specific on where it might be coming from?

Quote by The_Bosstone
what? they have the same guitars.

Ermm... since when? I don't see that guy owning a c-1+.

And i know for an absolute, 100% fact that the c-1+ is string-thru with a TOM-style bridge. No springs in the bridge.
Quote by Pac_man0123
Ermm... since when? I don't see that guy owning a c-1+.

And i know for an absolute, 100% fact that the c-1+ is string-thru with a TOM-style bridge. No springs in the bridge.

My sig? And if you're talking about the TS, he said it in his second post. And yes, it is string-thru with TOM bridge. I think the strings might be moving in the saddles a little and producing the noise by rubbing against them. Not quite sure how to fix it though besides a setup.
Quote by -Blue-
My sig? And if you're talking about the TS, he said it in his second post. And yes, it is string-thru with TOM bridge. I think the strings might be moving in the saddles a little and producing the noise by rubbing against them. Not quite sure how to fix it though besides a setup.

I'm talking about the guy that suggested it's the springs rattling

It could be the wires in the TOM.
Just to throw my 2 cents into the mix:

It could be your picking style, I used to find when I used bigger (and thinner) picks than my Jazz IIIs then I got a weird noise when picking fast. I worked out it was because the pick was slightly scraping along the string as I picked it, creating a sort of mini-pickslide, which resulted in a "wahh" noise. It might be worth checking that out.....