Hey guys proud to present my first ever thread

woop

anyway, about 6 months ago i decided to mod my strat, the brand was "starmaker" and took the 1st 3 years of my guitar playing so i decided it needed a revamp. I stripped all the paint from it, sanded down the neck so its jackson-esque and shaved down the body so its more "pointy" and a hell of alot thinner. I half finished fine sanding and then i went back to school and forgot about it.

So during my easter holidays I've decided that my school exam stress buster will be finishing it, I hope to order tung oil for the finish and a new bridge wich I've seen on ebay - its black
I also want to put high output pick-ups on it with minimal/no soldering, its just a pain in the ass to find anywhere i could do it. I was thinking about buying the EMG kirk hammet set which has dual 81's on a strat scratch plate.

So thoughts on the mod?
is it worth spending £200 for the kirk hemmet set or are hotrails enough? (I'm looking for a "modern metal" sound)
anything else i should do to it?
Equipment:
PRS SE custom Cherryburst
dean razorback V (green/black) currently on ebay
Digitech Death metal pedal [wanting to sell - £15]
Zoom G1X [wanting to sell - £25]
Line6 UX1 (with metal shop add on)
Quote by wizards?
You don't install pups without soldering... You have to solder or you won't be able to put new ones in. Jesus.

sorry i was just wondering if there was any way around it

i have never ever done any mods before so was just wondering
Equipment:
PRS SE custom Cherryburst
dean razorback V (green/black) currently on ebay
Digitech Death metal pedal [wanting to sell - £15]
Zoom G1X [wanting to sell - £25]
Line6 UX1 (with metal shop add on)