Page 1 of 3
http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/2009/01/06/20090106ohioboy-CR.html

JACKSON, Ohio – Police say an angry 4-year-old Ohio boy grabbed a gun from a closet and shot his baby sitter.

Eighteen-year-old Nathan Beavers was hospitalized Sunday with minor wounds to his arm and side after the shotgun attack. Police say another teen was also injured.

Witnesses told police the child was angry because Beavers accidentally stepped on his foot. Beavers was watching the child at a mobile home in Jackson with several other teenagers and several other children.

Jackson County Sheriff John Shashteen says authorities are investigating. The child has not been charged.

There's no picture of him, but I'm imagining him looking like the feral kid from The Road Warrior.

wat
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Still against gun control republicans? How many other million times has this happened?
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Seems reasonable to me.

Damned eighteen-year-olds standing on peoples feet all the time!
Quote by freedoms_stain
How the hell did a 4 year old lift a shotgun?

I'm pretty sure the recoil would have torn his arm off at least
ohai little sig.
the child was angry because Beavers accidentally stepped on his foot

I know you bolded it, but...
Quote by freedoms_stain
How the hell did a 4 year old lift a shotgun?

+1.
How did the recoil not kill him?
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Oh Shize
Seems reasonable to me.

Damned eighteen-year-olds standing on peoples feet all the time!

Dunno why but I lol'd uncontrollably at that.
thats one BAMF four year old. Blatantly the spawn of Samuel L.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
I hope this is an extremely elaborate case of insurance fraud.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
My guess on what really happened: trailer trash teen is supposed to be babysitting but instead he's having a party in the mobile home, some drunk idiot finds a shotgun and accidentally shoots the babysitter, they blame the kid.
All of the people saying "RECOIL WOULD HAVE TORN HIS FACE OFF AND KILLED THE LITTLE KID LOL" obviously have no experience with firearms. There are certain weapons which will kick like a mule (10/12 gauge), but there are others which have less recoil than most pellet guns (such as a .410 and 20 gauge). Even some assault rifles have a kick that can evenly match that of a gas-powered airsoft gun.

But, that's besides the fact. The kid shot someone. Put him in Juvy with the big boys.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
They weren't homeless they were just Grunge.
Quote by boreamor
5th gun related injury in american news this month by underage kids?

And it's what, the 7th of January?
ohai little sig.
People seem to forget something interesting about Pit Monkeys; some of us can actually find news stories ourselvse in the same way we get onto the Pit everyday ... I stres 'some'.

Arsebeing aside: I don't agree at all with citizens having guns. Things like this wouldn't happen, I mean, a child?
Quote by Jekkyl

But, that's besides the fact. The kid shot someone. Put him in Juvy with the big boys.

...He's four years old.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by Cal UK
Still against gun control republicans? How many other million times has this happened?

the clear solution is to suppress our right to own guns. stupid people are going to do stupid things, they'll never run out of stupid options no matter what we take away
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
no parents are to blame, probably a spoiled little brat, and who keeps a loaded shotgun in the closet and if it wasn't loaded they had the bullets where he could get 'em,
Quote by Jekkyl
All of the people saying "RECOIL WOULD HAVE TORN HIS FACE OFF AND KILLED THE LITTLE KID LOL" obviously have no experience with firearms. There are certain weapons which will kick like a mule (10/12 gauge), but there are others which have less recoil than most pellet guns (such as a .410 and 20 gauge). Even some assault rifles have a kick that can evenly match that of a gas-powered airsoft gun.

Good lord i hope thats sarcasm

he's like 4? how well did you understand the consequences of your actions at that age

christ
Deja vu.
Quote by Kensai
Ovenman, your contraptions make women's

clothes evaporate.

I WANT THE TWOOTH!

Quote by aaciseric
That's far too clever to be posted in the Pit.
It must have been a bit serious, or the child was a wee bit mental, I'd be very apprehensive about firing a shotgun and I'm legally an adult.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by Cal UK
It must have been a bit serious, or the child was a wee bit mental, I'd be very apprehensive about firing a shotgun and I'm legally an adult.

He's only 4, I doubt he is mental, he's below the age of maturity, he can't really be blamed for this, who gave him the gun anyway?
"An American child just shot someone? Holy ****, how surprsing."

Hehe...
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Quote by Cal UK

What does this have to do with gun control? If it wasn't a gun it would have been a butcher knife or a screwdriver.

The gun should have been out of reach of the 4 year old, just like the butcher knives are out of reach of my 3 year old, SO NO ONE GETS HURT.

Stop being a pussy.
Epiphone SG
Crate V-18 212
Xaviere XV-500
Boss PS-5 SUPER Shifter
Digitech Bad Monkey

SWINE FLU FREE SINCE 1974
Quote by aaciseric
He's only 4, I doubt he is mental, he's below the age of maturity, he can't really be blamed for this, who gave him the gun anyway?

Most people, even at four years old, know what a gun does.

Americans will never revoke gun rights. It's in the constitution, and we're far too proud to let anyone touch the constitution, even if it's for the better.
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt

Americans will never revoke gun rights. It's in the constitution, and we're far too proud to let anyone touch the constitution, even if it's for the better.

Still under 7 years old you can't be held responsible for anything, your not classified as having the capabilities of a sane human.
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt

Like the American constitution has never had an amendment following the initial Bill of Rights.
Quote by aaciseric
Still under 7 years old you can't be held responsible for anything, your not classified as having the capabilities of a sane human.

Is that your opinion? Or a fact...?

You probably know more about American Laws than I do
RAZZLEFRAZZLE
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt

Not really.
Ask a four year old what death is. They have no real idea.

Quote by SoWrongItsMatt
Is that your opinion? Or a fact...?

You probably know more about American Laws than I do

It's a fact over here anyway.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
A 4 year old wouldn't really understand what a gun does - whoever left a shotgun (loaded or not) in sight of a 4 year old, let alone in reach, should be locked up imho. And the recoil would probably have just made him drop the gun and cry a bit (although I'm pretty sure seeing what it did would have made him drop the gun and cry anyway). And yes I have fired a shotgun amongst other things (legally btw)
Page 1 of 3