Im upgrading after a year and a half from my first guitar which was a washburn lyon or some**** with a five watt amp. My choices are

Ibanez art-100 and Micro Cube

or

Ibanez Rg350DX but i have to wait to get the amp for a month or two

I Play (ROck, Bosnian Rock, Clean, And metal)
If the guitar is playable at all, just buy an amp, not a guitar.

If the guitar is unplayable, buy either a guitar or amp, which ever one you feel is better (an amp imo).

Microcubes arent exactly a good amp and they get to much credit for a mediocre amp (even though its leaps and bounds ahead of your current setup). Its up to you, Id get a decent amp like a vypyr. Or larger cube, the microcubes are the only bad amp in the cube series imo.
Please don't buy an Ibanez. Of all my friends that play guitar, I don't know one person who bought an Ibanez that didn't have it fall apart on them (myself included). Guitars in that price range will all sound more or less the same anyway, do yourself a favor and get something that won't be in the shop in a month.
^ Don't listen to this guy, I've always played Ibanez and not once have I had to take it to a shop to be fixed.

If you want a Cube, I think the 30X one would be suitable. 30 watts, small enough to be good for home practice yet big enough to throw a small gig (like, in a small school hall, a club, or something).
wait..save your money..get something good..like an ibanez rgt..or an esp ltd..and a good tube amp...i hate seeing people say they gotta get it now or their lives are gonna end..if you want something GOOD then you gotta work and you have patience!!
My guitar max fund is 500 but i dont want to spend it all, i want some to go to the movies with my girlfriend or if i need something in an emergecy
Quote by ktyler789
My guitar max fund is 500 but i dont want to spend it all, i want some to go to the movies with my girlfriend or if i need something in an emergecy

then keep waiting, keep saving..how old are you btw? maybe pick up a job? that would make things alot easier trust me lol
Buy these if you have the money

this guitar has a better bridge than the Ibanez( ORIGINAL Floyd Rose)
and has a passive/active pups

LINKS where you can buy it.
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/EEM2MEBF/

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-60Watt-1x12-Tube-Combo?sku=480046
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB

don't buy those..the B52 series is DECENT at best..but i found it to be very..low range feeling..and the guitar..don't get me started..i hate that series of guitar..

TBH your best bet for good gear is to save save save!!