Ok well im buying my second guitar and have budgeted $1000(NZD) (about $600 US) and im currently deciding between:

Epi G-400 (worn Cherry)
Ibanez SAS32EX (Gloss Black)
Schecter Damien 6 (matte Black)

which do you think would give me the most bang-for-my-buck and are there any other guitars that you would recommend around that price range?

Thanks!
Best I could reccomend is go down to a local music store with those guitars, and just ask if you could try them out. When you pick one up that feels comfortable and the kind of guitar you would like to play, that's the one.
Quote by Geo Rules
Best I could reccomend is go down to a local music store with those guitars, and just ask if you could try them out. When you pick one up that feels comfortable and the kind of guitar you would like to play, that's the one.

this^^
ok well Ive popped down to my local guitar store, tried them all out and have to say I prefer the Ibanez, its very versitile, but ive heard some horror stories bout its trem... I play lots of styles, but mostly hard rock, classic rock, and some punk.

Any guitars you would highly recommend in this price range? Thanks
^ The trem on the SA should be fine. It's only their edge 3 bridges (found on the non-prestige RGs, JEM555, and JS100).

For the price of the SA, you could also look into the ART400H, SZR520, and, if you want a good floating trem, the S320.
Quote by Pac_man0123
^ The trem on the SA should be fine. It's only their edge 3 bridges (found on the non-prestige RGs, JEM555, and JS100).

For the price of the SA, you could also look into the ART400H, SZR520, and, if you want a good floating trem, the S320.

ya. also, ppl have different opinions. some ppl love the spider III, and some hate it. Its up to u man
I've had good luck with schecter, but its more about what fits your comfort. also when you try them out try them unpluged. That way you can know the sustain of the guitar itself not the pickups, as they're replacable. A lot of people I know (Myself included) bought cheap guitars and re-fit them with better guts.