I am a total newb, so I don't know anything about guitars.

Here's my problem. When i press down on the srings, mainly in the #1, 2, and 3 frets, My strings twang on the fret bars when i strum. I don't know if I should raise the strings or what to do? Any advise is appreciated.
maybe you aren't pressing hard enough on the strings? Or maybe ur putting ur finger too close to the actual fret, try putting ur finger in the middle of the fret rather than at one side

Gear: Fender American Strat - Sienna Sunburst
Ibanez RG350dx
Marshall AVT100
Boss SD-1, DS-1, BD-2, GE-7, Dunlop Cry Baby, Keeley Katana, Digitech Brian May
Red Special.
Intonation is how well your strings are in tune, as you go up the fretboard.

I think he meant to say action, your strings might be a little low and are buzzing against the frets. Or you might need some fret leveling.
XBL-DeeSkank

Schecter C-1 Plus
Ibanez Gio GRX40

Kustom Coupe 36'

Fender AG-15
It means tuning, lol lik if something is in tune then it has good intonation if u get me lol

Gear: Fender American Strat - Sienna Sunburst
Ibanez RG350dx
Marshall AVT100
Boss SD-1, DS-1, BD-2, GE-7, Dunlop Cry Baby, Keeley Katana, Digitech Brian May
Red Special.
Depends if your guitar is cheap, it may just have really generic action anyway. Raising the strings is never a good idea, that's absolutely last resort. It means you'll need to exert more pressure to depress them, and that can only have negative effects on your playing. And after raising them off the fret bar, they essentially become obstacles because you're liable to slip your finger under them.

Take it to a guitar shop and have somebody take a look, they'll probably do that much for free. Maybe the truss rod needs to be adjusted. That's something you could do, but for issues of responsibility I'm behooved to tell you to take it to somebody that knows what they're doing, because it wouldn't get you anywhere to split your guitar neck.
As we're sorta on the subject, I re-strung my new-ish Les Paul yesterday. Sounds great, keeps tune but I get a buzzing from somewhere when I press on the 6th fret on the E string. Any other fret is fine, just that one. The buzzing doesn't seem to be coming from the string itself, but I can't pinpoint where it IS coming from. Anyone know what's wrong or how to fix this?