Quote by Carvin
After years of speculation, rumors, development and testing, Carvin and legendary guitar virtuoso Steve Vai are proud to introduce the new Vai Legacy II Series amplifiers. These all-tube 3-channel amps are the result of countless hours of design and development by Carvin engineers, working closely with Steve Vai. Additionally, the Legacy II has been reviewed and "tweaked" by renown amp designer Benjamin Fargen of Fargen Amps. According to Benjamin Fargen, the result is "a powerful blend of high-end boutique sound and rock-solid American manufacturing".

"The Legacy II is a dream amp. It’s simple, versatile and the sound is creamy and warm. Finally there is an amplifier that has a Master Volume control that can raise or lower the overall sound coming out of the speakers without changing its saturation or tone. Although the sound has retained the integrity of the original Legacy, there is now an added channel that acts as a boost on the clean channel giving it a bit more hair. No need to keep dreaming, it’s here."
- Steve Vai

VL2100 Head/VL2212 Combo Specifications: Three channels (clean, clean boost & lead) • Master Volume • Volume, Bass, Mid, & Treble for Clean and Lead channel & Presence for Lead channel • Tone, Drive & Volume for Boost channel. • 25/50/100w output switch • 5 12AX7 (V1, V2, V3 Groove Tubes&trade & quad EL34 matched Groove Tubes™ • All tube design • Bias switch for 5881, 6L6GC or EL34 • Cabinet voiced line output • 4, 8 or 16? speaker impedance switch • Effects Loop • Hand crafted 7-ply poplar wood cabinet • Optional FS33 foot switch for selecting channels • Dimensions: VL2100: 24.5"W x 9.5"H x 10.5"D Weight: 39 lbs. 1 Year Warranty

http://www.carvinguitars.com/legacyii/
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by gregs1020
Is it just me or does Steve Vai look like "McFly"?

Just you.
I wish Carvin stocked their amps over here in the UK. I'd pick one up right away

Hopefully the price of legacy 1's will come down
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by gregs1020
Is it just me or does Steve Vai look like "McFly"?

The band or Marty?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chikao42
Just you.
I wish Carvin stocked their amps over here in the UK. I'd pick one up right away

i was under the impression that no one stocks carvin, you can only get them through the carvin company itself.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
How muc is that gonna cost?
also why does he have curtains?
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by chea_man
i was under the impression that no one stocks carvin, you can only get them through the carvin company itself.

As far as I'm aware, there are no Carvin dealers in the UK, and they don't ship outside of the US. I've tried contacting Carvin before to no avail
$1300 for the head
$700 for the cab
$1900 for the half stack

^No one stocks Carvins in the US either, aside from the Carvin factory I think.
Quote by cliff_em_all

Hopefully the price of legacy 1's will come down

There are instant rebates right now, but I don't think Carvin will discontinue the amp. The Legacy I will probably be the 'stripped down' version of the II.
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by Chikao42
As far as I'm aware, there are no Carvin dealers in the UK, and they don't ship outside of the US. I've tried contacting Carvin before to no avail

http://www.rockstarguitar.co.uk/ UK Carvin Dealers.
Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
Peavey 5150 MK1 Block Letter
ENGL E530 Preamp
Mesa Boogie Standard Rectifier 4x12

Music:

http://www.myspace.com/morethanthisuk
There are 2 Carvin dealers in the UK, both with extortionate rates, it'd be cheaper to fly to the USA and buy them from Carvin yourself.

But tbh, as I said in the Vai thread, this seems like too much of a cash-in.
As much as I love Vai, a green front and a 'clean boost' does not warrant a new line of amps.
Quote by Retro Rocker
There are 2 Carvin dealers in the UK, both with extortionate rates, it'd be cheaper to fly to the USA and buy them from Carvin yourself.

But tbh, as I said in the Vai thread, this seems like too much of a cash-in.
As much as I love Vai, a green front and a 'clean boost' does not warrant a new line of amps.

How is the Line out of your Legacy?
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
Quote by aznrockerdude
How is the Line out of your Legacy?

Never tried it yet, although hopefully I'll have a BOSS DD-7 to run through it sometime this month.
Quote by Retro Rocker
Never tried it yet, although hopefully I'll have a BOSS DD-7 to run through it sometime this month.

Cool. I'm expecting a thread too!
RIP Jasmine You.

Quote by FaygoBro420
I was just gonna make a thread about this because I got my Carvin catalogue and saw it. It's an okay idea. I was hoping they were gonna add more gain or make some change allowing more gain, but this is cool too. It's a ripoff though, the head alone costs $1500 direct.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Hopefully they don't discontinue the original Legacy. I want to eventually get one.

Along with a Splawn Nitro, MESA/Boogie Mark IV, and Laney GH50L. Though, the Legacy comes first, then the Mark IV, then GH50L and last the Splawn. Hoping for a Legacy next summer.

Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
if anybody finds sound samples, please post them. I am anxiously awaiting reviews of this amp, it won't be available/shipping until later this month