1.) is there any way to get that pick wear above the pickguard? (other than just playing it for 20 years) like sanding away the area then putting a clear coat on it ...pic below
2.) is it reasonable to stain a guitar...cus I'm good @ staining,
3.) is staining a guitar like staining furniture, doors... cus i've done a big custom desk, 4 doors, and a ton of trim
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
Im not sure about sanding it, why not get a piece of wood and finish it in a plain paint, then sand it down and clear coat it to see if works good. Im sure you could stain the body pretty easily
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
just give it time......and froosh's style of playing allows for a heavier frequency of the pick hitting above the pickguard.

Well at least that wasn't exactly what the TS didn't want to hear.

You could sand it down or burn off the paint. Burning sounds dangerous, but if you do it carefully you won't hurt the guitar or the wood any. I would recommend sanding though. I started off using a relatively low grit (It was somewhere around 70-80, don't remember) then as I began to see more wood I went to a smaller grit (like 150-200). I'm not sure if this is the "right" way to do it, but it's what I did and it looks fine.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Quote by VoodooCow229

so many double negatives!

and yeah, what you said with the sanding and all....although sanding down a whole guitar by hand isnt fun, doing the little sections shouldnt be that time-consuming.
Quote by VoodooCow229

You could sand it down or burn off the paint. Burning sounds dangerous, but if you do it carefully you won't hurt the guitar or the wood any. I would recommend sanding though. I started off using a relatively low grit (It was somewhere around 70-80, don't remember) then as I began to see more wood I went to a smaller grit (like 150-200). I'm not sure if this is the "right" way to do it, but it's what I did and it looks fine.

Yeah thats what I was thinking, i'm gunna mod a squire over the summer & i want to get a sunburst & froosh it or maybe if i can't find a sunburst or don't feel like painting one, i'd probly paint some synester gates stripes.
MIM Tele
Fender Blues Jr NOS
Schecter Omen 6
Squier Strat
Greg Bennett Acoustic
other crap...
If seeing is believing...

...Then believe that we have lost our eyes!!
you could possibly try changing to a metal plectrum and let that take the finish off?
it may cut into the body a bit though.

x
Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Warwick Corvette $$
Rockbass Streamer Fretless
Hartke HA5000
SWR Triad

Quote by Victory2134
I happen to enjoy every mankiss from shinhoman.
Sand it if you really want to.

Burning is a terrible idea, waiting 20 years is a worse idea, and using a metal pick is a terrible idea.

Beware that most relic jobs look like ass though.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.