i have a J&D les paul copy and i want to change the pickups, i want some good pickups for metal that are good in dropped tunings, im not too sure on what i want but i have been looking at the seymour duncan distortion sh-6, tb-6 pickups. so if you have any suggestions that would be good cheers. im looking for active or passive pickups
Last edited by callum92 at Jan 7, 2009,
dimarzio super distortion
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Ive heard good things about the super distortions for certain applications ( I think).

I've mostly heard bad things about blackouts as far as i can recall.
my main guitar is a shecter hellraiser c1-fr with emg 91tw,89s and the guitar i want to change is the J&D les paul copy, i want to get some good pickups for metal on this guitar so i dont have to go through the bother of fiddeling about with my floyd rose on the schecter every time i tune it down. my amp is the bugera 6262.
Last edited by callum92 at Jan 8, 2009,
If you have the money, Seymour Duncan Blackouts or Bareknuckle Nailbombs would be ideal, except they're pricey.

Dimarzio X2N, Seymour Duncan Distortion or a Gibson 500T would be good in the bridge; all very good quality, high-output pickups.

For neck, just chuck a Dimarzio Breed or a Seymour Duncan Jazz in there.
Very good, well rounded pickups.
Member of the Laney Cult
EMG-81/60 (bridge/neck) or EMG-81/85 (bridge/neck).

It all depends on if you want good cleans, too.
If yes, get 81/60.
I prefer the 60 to the 85, but lots of people like the 85.
7-String Legion
Quote by TheJem
Justice4AllOne pretty much mentioned all of my ideas so yeah...pointless pun post.

Quote by MightySumo
Thanks fer settin me straight on that Justice

Quote by oneblackened
I was thinking that too, Justice usually seems like a pretty knowledgeable guy.