I am currently stuck in indecision, I have $475 right now, and will maybe get around $300 more in March, but I don't know what I should buy. I know I need a better amp, but I can get a decent-good metal tone with my DF-7, and I have been GASing for some pedals, mostly a wah, because the one I have has been broken for months. Some other pedals that I was looking at maybe getting were a chorus pedal and an EQ Pedal, to improve my clean and distorted sounds respectively, but would these really help my tone? If I decided to go for a new amp, I wouldn't be able to play on it before I got it because I would probably have to buy used on ebay. They primary type of distorted sound that I want is a Lamb of God or Opeth type of sound. I also need an amp with good cleans and versatility is a plus. If I went used ideal amps that could maybe be in my price range would be:
Peavey: XXX, Ultra, 5150 (5150 would be a last resort)
Mesa Boogie: F-30, DC-5, DC-3
Can anyone help me decide? If I am swayed towards getting a new amp, which out of the listed would be best for me. Oh and I am completely open to suggestions for any amps that you think might be in my price range and have a sound that I am looking for. Sorry for the wall of text and what comes close to rambling; any help will be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by G-man05 at Jan 7, 2009,
For opeth get a laney.
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
check out bugera for amps

and i don't know what you're doin' but i can get a pretty good metal tone from my DF-7
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by 0RI0N
For opeth get a laney.

Laney's are out of my price range.
Quote by justinb904
check out bugera for amps

and i don't know what you're doin' but i can get a pretty good metal tone from my DF-7

I know, so can I, but I want to know if it would be worth the money for me to get a better amp, or an EQ pedal. Also I'm not exactly sure about bugera, I've heard they have reliability issues.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.
Last edited by G-man05 at Jan 7, 2009,
Quote by guitar-godfrey
id say a new amp, pedals going into a bad amp sound bad

The VK isn't a bad amp, the only aspects that are bad about it are the distortion channel and the reverb when it is past 12 o' clock. Anyone else?
id go for the one of the mesas (preffirable the F-30, or if you can find one in your price range an F-50), i got an F-50 recently and I love it, immaculate cleans, and a great metal tone as well.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by deathbyawesome
id go for the one of the mesas (preffirable the F-30, or if you can find one in your price range an F-50), i got an F-50 recently and I love it, immaculate cleans, and a great metal tone as well.

Thank you for the suggestion, if I get an amp, I think the F-30 will be my choice.

More opinions please, I'm quite torn about what I should get.