I recently bought a guitar with a Floyd Rose and I noticed that all the strings buzz when played on the first 3 frets (particularly on the first fret, High E string). So, UG, can you give me some suggestions to solve it?
there are 2 mounts you can adjust the action with. try raising that side.
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
Try raising your action a bit, there should be 2 bolts on each side to do this
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
to see how to adjust action and to level the bridge. click the floyd set up thread at the top of the page.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Thanks a lot, guys. I raised the action and there are no more buzzes.
Well, another problem with buzzes has come up . It seems that every time I pick the Low E and the A string harder, it buzzes like hell. The problem goes away on the higher frets, where I can only hear a tiny buzz. Solutions?
with low action you have to expect some fret buzz......its a sad and unfortunate part of life

I have a guitar with the Edge Pro locking system and I had the same problem.....I eventually had to compromise between low action and fret buzz

Some slight buzz is ok on an electric guitar, and if you are using distortion it won't even be noticeable.....just make sure it isn't enough to actually mute the strings quicker than they would die out on their own
But the strange thing is that the buzz is only on the E and A strings. If the action was the problem it would affect all strings. Plus, I already raised the action.
I finished working on 3 of my friends Kramers with locking tremolos, the problem with every one of them was making sure the floyd was perfectly flush with the guitar body. If the fine tuner side is recessed in any way you will experience fret buzz unless your action is ridiculously high.

After making sure that is level do a truss rod adjustment. Very fine adjustments until it removes most of the fret buzz. Keep in mind, fret buzz isn't a bad thing, losing sustain is. If you have a little buzz there isn't a problem with it, it just means the action is low (good)
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Here's a pic of the Floyd Rose:

I'm not exactly a pro with Floyds, so if something is wrong, please point it out (if you need pics from another angle, just say).
yes more and BIGGER pics please! im pretty sure its your nut(wow, that sounded soooo wrong!). to fix it you will have to take the nut of, put shims under it and put it back on. the shims are cheap and the entire proccess should take <30min.
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
Like I said before, the first thing you need to do is make the tremolo flush with the guitar.

Start by tightening the springs in the back, retune your guitar, tighten them some more until it's level and flush with the body. Once you've done that if you're still having problems then you can perform a truss rod or tremolo level adjustment.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
You need to do what mesa said first I cant say how many problems have been solved by advising people to do this first. Start with that its the first solution if that doesnt work come back and we can come up with other solutions for you.

EDIT: Actually I can think of some right now besides the trem being level. Raise your action slightly once the trem is level and see if that doesnt help. Thats the most obvious answer to your problem but other than that it can sometimes be neck and truss rod issues but if your not confident messing with your truss rod take it to a luthier and have them do it.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
Last edited by Lethal Dosage at Jan 21, 2009,
It didn't work. It still buzzes exactly like it did before. Even with the action raised.
And I'm not sure if the problem is about the neck. It seems straight to me. I'll try to get it to the shop to get it fixed this weekend. Thanks for the help.
put a shim under the lockng nut. im 90% certain that is where your biggest problem is. that is what was wrong on my Warlock. i put some thin (0.05mm) brass shims under it and now the action is lower than before and theyres still no fret buzz!
The Best Floyd Rose Is A Setup Floyd Rose!

Gear:
STARcaster Strat
Dean Tradition Acoustic
03 B.C. Rich NJ Warlock Speedloader
Xaviere XV-599
Epi 1984 Explorer
Crate GTD65
Epi Valve Jr
Bogner Alchemist Head
Marshall 1960B
sorry for chiming in here, but why exactly does the floyd have to be flush with the body? none of my 3 are flush, and i never have any problems with either of them.
Quote by HorsemanOfDeath
sorry for chiming in here, but why exactly does the floyd have to be flush with the body? none of my 3 are flush, and i never have any problems with either of them.
It's to do with balance, because that's all it's doing, Balancing.
I don't remember where I was,
When I realized life was a game.
The more seriously I took things,
The harder the rules became.
Quote by HorsemanOfDeath

there's a floyd tutorial at the top of the page.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Quote by f22master
put a shim under the lockng nut. im 90% certain that is where your biggest problem is. that is what was wrong on my Warlock. i put some thin (0.05mm) brass shims under it and now the action is lower than before and theyres still no fret buzz!

Exactly. +1
Gear:
B.C. Rich Warlock Nj Series
Ibanez TBX150R 2x12 (Crap/Junk, don't buy one)
Original Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DD-3
Boss CS-2
Boss FV500H Volume Pedal

I Hate Everyone
Quote by jj1565
there's a floyd tutorial at the top of the page.

They never listen do they
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
nope. this thread in particular, because i made the mistake of posting in it.

so now it's on my search list for days now. and it's the same old run around for no reason.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62