Interesting question.
I know a few people that would rather have a high wattage amp versus a tube amp.
What do you think? (no im not asking a question disguised as a different question XD)
So what do you guys think? Personally, i ask why not have both :p...but sadly then it wouldn't be too interesting now would it XD
Tube amp all the way.

You can always mic it at gigs, there's no point in having a crappy high wattage amp.
There's no point having a high watt amp if you can't crank it. Tube amps come alive when you crank them, solid states just start dying. Besides, tube watts are something like two or three times louder than ss watts (as perceived by the human ear).
I prefer tube amps. the louder the solid state amps, the worse it sounds, so more watts makes it even worse.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by fifer
I prefer tube amps. the louder the solid state amps, the worse it sounds, so more watts makes it even worse.

I think you've got it backwards there.

Solid state amps don't sound bad loud. They sound bad when pushed to their limits. A higher wattage solid state amp means less clipping at more volume.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
If you want really clean cleans at high volumes, high wattage solid state is better, or if you're using pedals for all your overdriven sounds.
I'd rather have a tube amp.

1) It's going to sound louder than SS.
2) It's going to sound better (in my opinion) than SS.