These are 3 songs i came up with that i wanna use for a band someday. Not complete as far as fills but it gets the point across. One is kinda thrashy, one more melodic, one more idk?!?! To many subgenres these days. Anyways hope you enjoy, always like feedback.

P.S. Ignore the names of the songs haha
Attachments:
UG.zip
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
those were cool the acoustic one kinda reminded me of eluvietie and the second one seemed like good extreme metal and the last one almost had a bit of a power metal feel to it but they were cool you can listen to my cover of crystal mountain if ya want jsut don't have the speakers up too loud just tell me your email and ill send it to ya cause i cant upload it to ug
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
That's such a ****ing brilliant idea!
Quote by punkmetalA7X91
those were cool the acoustic one kinda reminded me of eluvietie and the second one seemed like good extreme metal and the last one almost had a bit of a power metal feel to it but they were cool you can listen to my cover of crystal mountain if ya want jsut don't have the speakers up too loud just tell me your email and ill send it to ya cause i cant upload it to ug

Yeah thanks for the feedback and id def like to hear your cover.
My email is Agentassmonkey18@aim.com

Ill let you know what i thought of it once i get it
5150 III 100W, Mesa 4x12 Cab, Framus Cobra Cab, M-Audio Profire 610, ISA One Pre, SC607-b, Equator D5's, Countryman Type 85 Di box, Radial JCR, Superior Drummer, SSD 4 Ex, TS9, NS-2 and the list goes on and on
okay i sent it and it should be there soon
Quote by LaGrange
Shouldnt have said the unspoken words of MG in the pit. Now look at what ya dun.

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
did you get it?
Quote by LaGrange

Quote by Mecler
A guitar made of wood?
Sorry about the late reply...you commented one of my songs and i must have overlooked it.

I'm not a fan of melodeath, but 'Full song update' is pretty good. It has great structure, interesting riffing and nice harmony. It flows perfectly and although it seems to fit pretty well into a generic melodeath formula, you've at least done it right, unlike many bands out the today. Theres not really much else to say about this without repeating myself.

You should be proud.
==========
Acoustic song:
==========

Good intro, and it doesn't really get old b/c theres constantly something new going on (hello no repeat bars! I like it when composers aren't lazy).

Bar 70, **** yea! That's what I'm talking about, the pure definition of "metulz" haha, I really like that riff, its simple but powerful. It works b/c of 3/4, I seriously have to start implementing time changes to my songs, you pulled it off w/o a hitch. The lead that starts at bar 86 is also good, don't change a thing, loving the harmony too at bar 106-108.

I quite enjoyed the bridge as well.

The only thing I found that sort of bothered me with this song is the Verse riff, after a while, gets repetitive, but I still think it suits the song so I can't tell whether changing it would be a good thing or not. Oh, and the song is quite long too, not a bad thing, perhaps think about throwing in a solo or taking out some parts to shorten the length, just an idea.

7/10

================
Balls Tits (hahahahaha):
================

The intro kind of sounds metalcore, not that it matters, its just that I've heard variations of that kind of riff all over the place in the past.

Bar 11, is pretty awesome.

The main riff is pretty solid too, think about panning the guitars though, have rhythm coming out of left and right and the lead from the middle. It sounds really muffled and I had to listen to just the lead guitar (track 1 + 3), mess around w/ the equalization and you'll have a polished song.

The verse riff has its moments, like bar 28, good stuff.

Not liking riff 2 (bar 35), too cliched. Think about changing it, replacing w/ diff riff or taking it out altogether, just my opinion. If you intended this song to sound metalcore then I retract my last statement.

I think the chorus can be redone a bit better, the thread title says Melodic Death Metal, where's the lead on top of the cool rhythm guitar like you had in the acoustic one? Just a thought.

Great solo by the way, loving the fret work. It's not overly complicated and has a nice melody to it, good job! Bar 88 and 89 in particular, I really like how you implemented those triplets with the 32nd notes, it works beautifully.

My major detraction for this song are the drums, melodic death metal should have better drums, just my opinion but hey that's obviously a subjective opinion, take it with a grain of salt.

8/10

=========
New Balls:
========

Perfect example of what I mean when I say death metal drumming, great intro my friend.

I like the verse riff as well. Riff 2 completely reminds me of Honor Thy Father by Dream Theater, but you kept it original and the way you transitioned it into the pre chorus (by the way, great pre chorus bars 26-29 = !!!).

I also like the chorus, the chord progression there has been done so many times before but you handled it like a pro, great use of lead there.

8/10

=======

Keep it up man, I really have nothing more to say, solid work you have here.

crit a song from my latest album? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1095241

=====
Last edited by cptazad at Mar 28, 2009,