I saw a fender stratocaster with double humbucker pickups. i died a little inside.

just thought you guys should know
Gear

Guitars
Ibanez ART 300
Squier Strat
Godin 12 string Antique cedarburst
Ibanez RGD 320

Amps
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60W
Peavey Solo 15 W
Fender 10 W

Effects
Dunlop GCB - 95 Crybaby wah
Boss DD-7 Digital Delay
Boss MT-2 Distortion
Ummm...there are tons of those. Get over it?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
And? It's called a Big Apple Strat, or it's modded, they don't make them any more but yeah.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
this makes me sad.
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
So you basically saw a super-strat but it had a pickguard.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
i got one an inch from my left foot... seriously
and it plays/sounds awesome
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
i'm cool with it, and they've been around for awhile
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
If you died a little bit inside by seeing a dual humbucker strat, you'll probably die and go to hell if you look at the Wangcaster
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
where were you, the 80s?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by Sid McCall

+1
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
New from Fender for '09 the Dave Murray Signature Strat...stock HSH configuration.

My Stuff:
Austin Strat Copy - Lefty
(New and Improved with Bill Lawrence 290/280 Pickups)
MIM Telecaster - Lefty
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
TS-9 with a few mods
Dunlop GCB-95 Wah
one of the coolest things i ever saw was a les paul style guitar with strat style single coils in it.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by SwamperGene
New from Fender for '09 the Dave Murray Signature Strat...stock HSH configuration.

Does anybody else dislike how the pickups and controls are cream while the pickguard and guitar is white? IMO it clashes and doesn't look good.
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
cool. i like strats with double humbuckers... whats wrong with them?

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Quote by Sid McCall

seriously dude, where have you been?
Audio Ecstasy Productions!

Guitar/Backline Tech in the Los Angeles area and on tour!
Custom guitar pedals and cabling for stage and studio!

I set up DAWs and tweak computers to record audio. Hit me up @ audioecstasyproductions[at}gmail.com
i personally prefer a good ol' HSS or SSS setup because i think that HH looks funny...
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
and yea... i read Dave's thread. that was epic
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
So bored_maniac33, how's that "edit" button working for ya?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by thsrayas
So bored_maniac33, how's that "edit" button working for ya?

<.< >.> v.v my bad
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
<.< >.> v.v my bad

It's ok, I wouldn't really care unless you had triple posted. I hate it when people triple post so much...
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
Quote by thsrayas
It's ok, I wouldn't really care unless you had triple posted. I hate it when people triple post so much...

lol yeaaaa......i have a bad habit of going "lalalala *send*...crap! lalalala *send*"
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by Lemoninfluence

personally, every time i see a LP with humbuckers i die a little inside, it should have p90s.

not really. but you know what i mean. it's not like the les paul was designed for humbuckers either.

Quote by bored_maniac33
i personally prefer a good ol' HSS or SSS setup because i think that HH looks funny...

yeah, personally i'd rather have HSH or HSS, but if someone else wants HH in a strat, that's not my problem. a lot of people find the middle pickup gets in the way (i don't).

Quote by bored_maniac33
and yea... i read Dave's thread. that was epic

thanks
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by Dave_Mc

thanks

np lol i just wish i could have been there for the original post
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by thsrayas
Does anybody else dislike how the pickups and controls are cream while the pickguard and guitar is white? IMO it clashes and doesn't look good.
Clashes? It's called vintage color fading. Much better looking that all bright white.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by bored_maniac33
np lol i just wish i could have been there for the original post

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If they have the chrome pup covers with the Fender logo on them (like on the '72 Tele Deluxe Reissue) then that actually sounds pretty cool, and I'm more than likely going to get one someday so I can have the Strat shape (SEXY!) with double-buckers for the tone.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
If they have the chrome pup covers with the Fender logo on them (like on the '72 Tele Deluxe Reissue) then that actually sounds pretty cool, and I'm more than likely going to get one someday so I can have the Strat shape (SEXY!) with double-buckers for the tone.

^ that actually would be quite sexy. i love those split-coil humbuckers. they sound beautiful. unfortunately, not enough umph to do what i want
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional

You've never seen one before?

Really?

Dude, where the hell have you been? Those things have been around for years..... I personally think they sound amazing in most cases. But I'll admit, they're not too attractive with the pickguard...
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by CorvetteRick
I'm gonna add some salt to your wound...

I own one.

And I want one.

And to the guy who said he saw an LP with single coils; where? Cause I want one.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Last edited by shadow__666 at Jan 8, 2009,
Quote by shadow__666
And I want one.

And to the guy who said he saw an LP with single coils; where? Cause I want one.

You've never seen a LP with P90s?
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk