One of my strings broke so I need to buy some new ones. I'm really not an expert on strings so I was wondering what kind do you guys think are the best. I was planning on going to guitar center and I have an Electric Guitar(a Dean VX if its important at all). Also I mainly play Heavy Metal and Hard Rock if that helps narrow down the selection. Last I only really want to spend about 20 bucks, maybe a bit more If i can get some nicer ones. Thanks to whoever can help
i like earnie ball strings
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
You can get good strings for about 7 bucks. D'Addarios are good, Elixers are good too and they last pretty long though a little more expensive. The important thing to pay attention too is string gauge (thickness).
ok I'm high jacking this thread with mybown question
I play melodic metal technical death metal and neo-classical, I use DR extra 10s are than anyother strings that could improve my tone and/or shredability?
Ernie Ball STHB set
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
haha no your not go make your own thread

by the way thanks to everyone else I think I'm gonna go with the Ernie Ball strings. I saw that like 3 times. Thanks
Quote by miked.
ok I'm high jacking this thread with mybown question
I play melodic metal technical death metal and neo-classical, I use DR extra 10s are than anyother strings that could improve my tone and/or shredability?

EDIT:
Quote by DyedXRed
haha no your not go make your own thread

by the way thanks to everyone else I think I'm gonna go with the Ernie Ball strings. I saw that like 3 times. Thanks

I would go for D'Adarrios... much better. Get the strings I suggested for Miked.

NOTHING HURTS BATMAN!

Quote by dannay
what this man says is correct.

Quote by clemm
WHAT IS THE PIT!?!?!!!!!!?!??
--clemm

n00b
Last edited by Megadeth2011 at Jan 7, 2009,
so megadeth you recommend the D'Addarios over the Ernie Ball strings? those specific Nickel Wound ones? I actually talked to a couple of my buddies and they said those were pretty good I might end up getting those
Last edited by DyedXRed at Jan 7, 2009,