How can I go about getting the tone used for the song? I'm particularly interested in the intro riff.
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
Sharing is caring. *holds out hands*
*inserts penis?*
Yeah, I figured the wah, but not much else.
Mmmm, coffee

Quote by the_poison125
Fear your ass...

Quote by hazzmatazz
Quote by Våd Hamster
Sharing is caring. *holds out hands*
*inserts penis?*
Ugh, sorry but that has to be the most bothersome sound I've ever heard...

Good luck though.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
what you need to get that song style is to go take a crap, and grab that **** and throw it onto your equipment, and then you're ready for shackler's revenge.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
It sounds to me that Buckethead is the guitarist in that song. I'm not positive about that...But I would look into what buckethead uses/his playing style.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
Hrmm, well if you disregard everyone's crappy opinions about buckethead (listen to his solo stuff damnit) he uses alot of different multi-effects processers, and alot of them are rack style (so you cant really buy one and throw it on your pedal board.) I think he's really just playing an interesting combination of notes and using ridiculous digital sounding distortion, he also uses craploads of wah for the more main-ish part.

Edit: He's using a whammy pedal, with a scratchy fuzz sound, (crazy digital distortion-ish) so yeah sounds 1 octave up but it could be 2.
Gear-
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Roland Micro Cube
Les Paul Studio
Ibanez Rg440 Roadster II Series
Gibson Flying V
SE Custom Paul Allender edition
Frankenstrat Replica (that I made)
Guild Madeira Nylon acoustic.
Fender P Bass
Ampeg 1x14
Last edited by milkmanv1 at Jan 7, 2009,
I think Robert Finke (or whatever his name is) is the guitarist on that track, it's just drenched in that NIN style Industrial Rock sound. I don't think Buckethead plays on that track (or at least didn't write the riffs)

Anyway, the begining is some kind of wah/envelope filter, and then the verse riff is whammy and fuzz/distortion.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk