Ok, which is better, the SIG:X Head or the Pittbul Ultra-Lead Head. I'm saving up to buy one and they don't have either at the guitar center near me, but I've heard great reviews about them. So which one is better?
Ya, I said it...

I'm a beast... you can't deny it.
I want a Sig:X, man. So flexible.

I know somebody here has one because I've seen it in his sig, I forget who it is though. (either xwearesinking or theesupremacy I think, their sigs look alike :\)

I dunno which one is better. I haven't tried a Pitbull. But I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed with either.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
The UL is awesome, much better than the Sig:X imo, but the Sig:X isn't bad by any means.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I've owned and really liked both. The UL is far ahead of the sig x in every way IMO. If you want a more saturated tone though, go for the sig x.
you should try a VHT first, some people despise the voicing, others love it,
Guitar:
Schecter Omen 6 (Dimarzio X2N & Tone Zone)
Amps:
Engl Fireball
Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12 Cab
Definitely the Pittbull.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Quote by Say Ocean
What's VHT? Oh, you mean Fryette?

o u
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
I haven't played the sig x but if it's like any other VHT they all sound about 95% the same. That includes the $1500 Deliverance and $3500 UL.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
^ so why the price difference?
deliverance is single channel if not mistaken, UL is double or triple i don't remember.
only UL runs on 4 KT88's. so how can they all sound the same?
Quote by necrophilic
^ so why the price difference?
deliverance is single channel if not mistaken, UL is double or triple i don't remember.
only UL runs on 4 KT88's. so how can they all sound the same?

The don't sound the same. The EQ on the UL gives you limitless tonal possibilities. The Sig X channel 2 is close to a Deliverance. That's about it for similarities between the Sig X, Deliverance and UL. Those are the VHTs I've owned. Can't speak to the other models.
Quote by vhdude923
Ok, which is better, the SIG:X Head or the Pittbul Ultra-Lead Head. I'm saving up to buy one and they don't have either at the guitar center near me, but I've heard great reviews about them. So which one is better?

I don't think it's a matter of better, they are different. The Sig X is a more versatile amp, and is a beast. The Pitbull UL is also a cool amp. If I were going to get one it'd be the Six X.

Quote by MESAexplorer
I haven't played the sig x but if it's like any other VHT they all sound about 95% the same. That includes the $1500 Deliverance and $3500 UL.

Highly disagree. I have played them all, and the Deliverance while a cool amp, is not capable of some of the tones the UL or the Sig X is, nor is it capable at all of the switching versatility that the UL and Sig X (Especially) is capable of affording you. That being said, you can dial in several tones on each that cover the same territory of tones.
Last edited by zachman5150 at Jan 10, 2009,
Quote by Exo M7
I want a Sig:X, man. So flexible.

I know somebody here has one because I've seen it in his sig, I forget who it is though. (either xwearesinking or theesupremacy I think, their sigs look alike :\)

I dunno which one is better. I haven't tried a Pitbull. But I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed with either.

Totally off topic but is that Che Guevara as your avatar??
Just to keep it relevant, I think the Sig X and Deliverance are INCREDIBLE!!
Amazingly crisp cleans and orgasmic drive!
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head