So i teach a bit of guitar, and some of the pupils are hopeless! They never practice (they tell me and i know this anyway) and a lot cant get past really basic stuff after 1 year. Ive been teaching for a while taught about 40 people and have a diploma, and i also tailor a lot of the lessons to their tastes..teaching stuff they like and REALLY simplifying it but i have people who cant play warpigs (no solo) eye of the tiger, and they are stuck on one string melodies and power chords etc after 1 year. A lot of them do licks then stop then do another (so their is no fluidity).

I sucked badly for 2 months or something then got into it but i always practised. Anyone given up or found they succeeded eventually?
Last edited by 8araqOBell at Jan 7, 2009,
When I had lessons I never practiced. I more just stared at my guitar and maybe play the open E string, then I was complete. I stopped regularly for... a few years before I picked it up again at my own will. Now I would say I am much improved.
I was bad for about the same time, but i always practice. I was playing hard rock and blues by my 8th month. I think its the fact that they dont practice is why they are failing. they could just suck too.
I was bad for the first week, after I started to improving, very slowly during the first two months, after that it was okay I guess, still improving at a good rate.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
i still think i suck, mostly cause i've never had formal lessons for guitar and i don't practice every day. frequently, but not every day.
i didn't even take lessons and i came here to learn on my own. been playing for 4 years now and never set it down.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
I was, and still am a good student. I practice, listen, am respectful (but my teacher isn't some formal dude, he's really awesome).
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

I was pretty bad for quite a while, but I guess my strength was that I knew I was awful so I just kept going until I improved. My first few months of playing was pretty much sitting in my bedroom with a guitar saying 'you will NOT fucking beat me!'
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
I always practised and took guitar seriously.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by Weeping_Demon7
I was, and still am a good student. I practice, listen, am respectful (but my teacher isn't some formal dude, he's really awesome).

Im not formal at all either and most pupils are great. I just cant understand how its so difficult to learn when you have youtube UG and guitar pro (when it was only tab books and sheet it may have been slightly more understandable). They come in and are like ''right im gonna try really hard!!!''
I was crap when I first started out for like a month, but then I wanted to progress alot more and so i practiced and took it more seriously
Quote by 8araqOBell
Im not formal at all either and most pupils are great. I just cant understand how its so difficult to learn when you have youtube UG and guitar pro (when it was only tab books and sheet it may have been slightly more understandable). They come in and are like ''right im gonna try really hard!!!''

Because they lack motivation.
i never got lessons, i just got my info from internet, books, word of mouth, magzines, i started off playing some riffs, then played for whom the bell tolls by metallica, and went uphill from there, but of course i had my ups and downs
Quote by mental_zer0
i still think i suck, mostly cause i've never had formal lessons for guitar and i don't practice every day. frequently, but not every day.

is your sig quoting courage the cowardly dog?
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
i got a guitar when i was twelve, took lessons never practiced (i hated chords and couldn't do them on acount of my 12 year old fingers), then gave up for about 2 years. then i strated (pun intented) learning from tabs and looking at online lessons.