I'm deciding to purchase a new metal amplifier but I also want something that is able to do multiple styles,

I'm currently looking at the Mesa Boogie F-30 Combo and the Peavey XXX 212 combo I want to know your opinions on these and which is the best for my needs.

I will re-iterate that I want something that can do many styles, not just metal or rock, I am also only looking at these two, but I am open to various suggestions
It's Ok, I'm a Doctor
T-T
(In Obviousness)

Quote by Irishstang_87
Good god, you're a Twilight fan. What are you doing in a scientific discussion?

Quote by Thewickerman666
I just watched a turtle rape a shoe, and must admit I slightly enjoyed it.

I feel dirty
Bump* I know you guys don't like this but I really would appreciate your opinions on this matter, con queso por favor?
It's Ok, I'm a Doctor
T-T
(In Obviousness)

Quote by Irishstang_87

Quote by Thewickerman666

I feel dirty
how about the peavey JSX. If yo0u're looking for brut00lz thank get a maxon pedal with it.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
I'd love a Jsx but that's not in my price range, I want a combo, and I already looked at the mini colossal, thanks though.
It's Ok, I'm a Doctor
T-T
(In Obviousness)

Quote by Irishstang_87

Quote by Thewickerman666

I feel dirty
Definitely the XXX. Best combo for it's price I think! I got a 5150 combo over the XXX and I regretted it and tried selling my 5150 to get the XXX

Best sounding amp and the greatest versatility. The XXX is voiced verrry similarly to the JSX anyways. They sound very identical.
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
thanks for the suggestion, I'm almost drawn to the mesa, just because of the amazing reputation, although you sold yours, I'm guessing the xxx is the best option
It's Ok, I'm a Doctor
T-T
(In Obviousness)

Quote by Irishstang_87

Quote by Thewickerman666

I feel dirty
Mesa's are over rated and overpriced. I honestly didn't find them that amazing, hence the reason I'm selling mine.

Try them both out though. You might like the Mesa over the XXX, you never know
Ibanez PGM100
Taylor 314-CE
Peters Chimera
Orange PPC212 w/ Celestion V30 and Celestion G12-75
I would say definitely get the F-50. The F-30 sounds great, but the f-50 sounds better.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Wait, wait! Some good amps to look into, but there are other options. I didn't find the JSX to be particularly versatile. If you want more of a metal sound then I'm afraid you're going to be cutting down your options as metal amps just aren't that versatile IMO.

Have a look at the F-30 combo, and if you want a jack-of-all amps and is particularly good at all of them then have a look at the Carvin V3. Lovely amp and very versatile.

If you are looking more for metal then you could also look at the Randall RG50T (is it? My God my memory is shocking these days). Also a VK. I personally don't like them as their a bit thin, but with a bit of fiddling they can be quite versatile too.

Hope that helps.
the f-30 is an awesome amp! i love it!

now for an unbiased review:
it can't do heavy tones without pushing it to the max. even when i put it on contour i need to give it more gain that i normally would to get good metal tone. granted i'm using a tele thinline with weak humbuckers and no overdrive pedal.

if you want a good heavy and versatile amp, check out the f-50. it's pricier but i plug into my friend's F50 whenever i go over to his house.
I used to own a f-30 and played through it with a gibson sg special. It has too much warmth and round tonal character to technically "do heavy metal", but it still sounds great when you play heavy metal. It has the best clean tone out of any mesa in my opinion and the ch2+ contour resembles a less tight rectifier.
My band.
www.myspace.com/bransonny

My gear.
Marshall: JCM800 2205, 6100, 1960AV
H&K: Triamp MKII, Duotone
Mesa: Recto recording pre, 212
2 Avatar 412 (v30's)
Gibson: LP std, SG std, SG goth, SG spec
G&L ASAT classic
Martin DC-16GTE
Quote by Ddjembe Mutombo
I used to own a f-30 and played through it with a gibson sg special. It has too much warmth and round tonal character to technically "do heavy metal", but it still sounds great when you play heavy metal. It has the best clean tone out of any mesa in my opinion and the ch2+ contour resembles a less tight rectifier.

it's too nice sounding
well, I'm leaning towards the f-50 but I don't know, i also would like the peavey xxx, I have to jump right on the peavey f-50 right now though if I'm gonna get it.
It's Ok, I'm a Doctor
T-T
(In Obviousness)

Quote by Irishstang_87

Quote by Thewickerman666

I feel dirty
it looks like peavey xxx now, too late, oh well.
It's Ok, I'm a Doctor
T-T
(In Obviousness)

Quote by Irishstang_87

Quote by Thewickerman666

I feel dirty