I am really having trouble getting it down right.

I'm referring to the second half where it shifts completely and the solo's start coming out on guitar.

I'm specifically having trouble on the section where it slides from the 2/3 on the low D, then the 4th on D, the 4th on the higher D - that riff there. The other two riffs for the bass are easy, but I'm finding this to be a major pain in the rear end. At half time, I can play it pretty much flawlessly, and at higher tempos, but slower than the original, I'm fine, but playing it at normal speed, I really cant get get it down.

Any tips?
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.
The best advice I have (and probably what I use far too much for my own good) Memorize it retarded slow and slowly speed it up playing through it in a loop over and over and over again. If the problem is moving your fingers, playing it slow espicially helps with getting them in place.
What works for me is to play the song through and then once you get to that part slow down. But i just keep going if i make a mistake then go back through it again watching for the mistake i made and focusing on that.
Here's a helpful hint. If you have a 5-string, learn it on that. I'm almost positive that's what Ellefson did on the record, he had a Jackson 5-string. The low D isn't used much other than in the beginning, and he mainly follows the guitars throughout the rest of the song. In E standard, that part isn't as hard as in drop D. So all in all, my advice is if you have a 5+ string, use it.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
I want to get a 5-string, and I would besides two things - Money and Parents. My 4 string is all I have for me atm.
Quote by srvguitarrulez
I heard someone say that Fall Out Boy had amazing guitarwork. But, it was a 13 year old girl, so it didn't matter.