Hey everybody, this is a song that ive been working on for about 2 days. It's not quite done yet but I just want to see what everybody thinks of it so far so I can see if I should keep going or not. Well anyway, check it out and tell me what you think!
Attachments:
Duecento.zip
Last edited by Jarusafes at Jan 13, 2009,
some parts were nice. i liked bar 20's riff, but after keeping bar 22 to show off that riff once, next repeat, take that away, i felt like i wanted the 0000 (567) thing to come after 6-3-0-6-3-0. so at bar 25, start with the original thing again. to be honest, the intro makes me cringe and its ugly. not even in a good way haha sorry just had to get that out. and this doesnt seem too classical to me... it seems like meshuggah progressive. that acoustic guitar was so nasty my guitar pro crashed im not even kidding.. its alright though. if yorue going for the weirdness then 7/10. crit mine? benign ultimatum in my sig
My Metal (gp5) Songs

Quote by iimjpii

Quote by TEK34
A PE teachers got a shotput in the side of the dead

Head + dead = dead?
Hey, thanks a bunch for the crit. And um, I guess im sorry for making your Guitar Pro crash :P haha. And as for the intro, do you have any ideas what I could do to make it less "ugly"? And yeah, I guess I sorta was goin a little on the weird side but I love music like that for some reason lol Anyway thanks a bunch and i would love to get another crit on this
I think the lead parts are off key. Maybe make sure the notes are all on key? They sound a few piches too low to me. BTW this is more progressive than neoclassical. C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1041888
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
This piece seems like you were trying to get as much dissonance as you can. To make the intro less 'ugly' you could make the first chord (A diminished) (the one beginning on the seventh fret) a minor chord instead of a diminished one. This would give it a more classical sound, as it would be going down to the diminished raised seventh. Do the same with the next, but make the D diminished chord a D minor. But I like that part :] It fits with the backup guitars.

The next part is alright... I'm not too much of a fan of the tri-tone being used that way. When the other guitar comes in it gets better. The M7 you used is nice :] Works very well.

The next part with the arpeggios, I would do the same thing i said in the beginning to them.

The first part of the acoustic isn't very good, in my opinion. But the part following isn't too bad. The drums give it a nice feel.

Overall, i'd give you a 7/10. Nothing special, but it could be really good :]

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1038217
Well i read 'neoclassical' and was expecting to hear fairly major key upbeat piece but this took me by surprise... not in a bad way though, i like how its unique and dissonant
The acoustic section i reckon could have done with some more interesting bass, as opposed to root note progressions, would have balanced out the 'sameyness' of the acoustic.
Personally i think the rythm guitar is very good, i particularly like the one from bar 20 to 37, but i think the leads need a bit of work to bring it slightly more into key whilst still retaining some of the dissonant 'edge'

overall its a good piece but i think it needs some work and perhaps a couple more layers somewhere to spice things up and add some depth
crit something else of mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=18142782#post18142782
Quote by Shred Head
You have an atrocious sense of humour!

Quote by StrayCatBlues
You win 100 hilarity points.

Spend them wisely.

Quote by GrisKy
you're a funny, funny man, chimp in a tux... funny indeed.
Last edited by chimpinatux at Jan 13, 2009,
Wow dude. Completley evil sounding. I really had this amazing sense of dissonance all the way up into the piano part. It sounded pretty, but also kept it evil. Really, I'd have to say this song is a 100% love/hate song. There's a fact here; you can't hate this song unless you love it, because it's evilness is the whole point, and it's so ****ing dissonant and cruel sounding. I dig it, but you might want to cheer up some parts, mainly the intro, so that way the listener is hooked until they get into the eerieness of this song.

By the way, I dig the outro piano, so much. Well it sounded like piano on the midi, not sure if it's guitar or what.

9/10 from me dude, tasty stuff.